Q : Suicidal feelings & your sense of belonging

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aleth, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

This is just a general question to anyone feeling suicidal.

Do you have a strong sense of belonging? -- feeling like you have a place in society, "fit in," etc.?

Personally, if I had to name the one thing at the centre of my suicidal feelings, it would be a lack of a sense of belonging. Other problems seem to be either a consequence or a cause of that.

I don't really feel much like talking about myself at the moment. But I was wondering if this sort of feeling is fairly common.
  2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Ever since I could think for myself and understand my feelings I have never felt like I belong.

Here or there.... anywhere.
    It's not my time in this world.

To be honest I hate people and I will never want to be a part of this society.
    It is possible that I have fed my own anguish..... but I don't feel that way.
    This new world is sick and I don't want to be a part of it.
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Although I don't feel suicidal at all, I have pondered about this sort of question before.

I am in different about fitting into society. As long as I belong in this universe then that's all that matters to me.
  4. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Yes i totaly agree with you and feal the same thing
    Yet i dont think that it is the world we should blame, i think its the humans
    we shoul blame, the nature and our planet is a beautifull place
    yet humans are like cancer, destroying this planet, just like virus thay multiply
    and destroying everything!
  5. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

No I don't get on with my family and have never had a relationship so I have never felt I belonged to anything. I think most 40+ year old virgins would consider suicide many times in this society especially if they had other mental problems.I guess many suicides are people who never had a happy family life.
  6. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Where does all that hatred for people come from?

I can't say I hate anyone myself. Some people I like, some I dislike, most I have no opinion about whatsoever either way.

I think when I am at my most vulnerable I can see the best and worst of people. Some are very kind and supportive, others will try to bully or take advantage of you because they view you as a soft target.
  7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

That's why I'm so glad this place exists.
  8. technoxteacups

technoxteacups New Member

It's gotten so bad for me that people seriously think I go home after school and kill people for the hell of it.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't think I will ever belong anywhere. Im not even sure if I fit in here:mellow:
  10. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I've moved seventeen times in my life and lived in four different countries. Can't say that I've found a place where I say, "yes! This is it! This is where I belong!" People are assholes all over the world.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.