Q : Suicidal feelings & your sense of belonging

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aleth, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

This is just a general question to anyone feeling suicidal.

Do you have a strong sense of belonging? -- feeling like you have a place in society, "fit in," etc.?

Personally, if I had to name the one thing at the centre of my suicidal feelings, it would be a lack of a sense of belonging. Other problems seem to be either a consequence or a cause of that.

I don't really feel much like talking about myself at the moment. But I was wondering if this sort of feeling is fairly common.

2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Ever since I could think for myself and understand my feelings I have never felt like I belong.

Here or there.... anywhere.
    It's not my time in this world.

To be honest I hate people and I will never want to be a part of this society.
    It is possible that I have fed my own anguish..... but I don't feel that way.
    This new world is sick and I don't want to be a part of it.

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Although I don't feel suicidal at all, I have pondered about this sort of question before.

I am in different about fitting into society. As long as I belong in this universe then that's all that matters to me.

4. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Yes i totaly agree with you and feal the same thing
    Yet i dont think that it is the world we should blame, i think its the humans
    we shoul blame, the nature and our planet is a beautifull place
    yet humans are like cancer, destroying this planet, just like virus thay multiply
    and destroying everything!

5. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

No I don't get on with my family and have never had a relationship so I have never felt I belonged to anything. I think most 40+ year old virgins would consider suicide many times in this society especially if they had other mental problems.I guess many suicides are people who never had a happy family life.

6. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Where does all that hatred for people come from?

I can't say I hate anyone myself. Some people I like, some I dislike, most I have no opinion about whatsoever either way.

I think when I am at my most vulnerable I can see the best and worst of people. Some are very kind and supportive, others will try to bully or take advantage of you because they view you as a soft target.

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That's why I'm so glad this place exists.

8. technoxteacups

technoxteacups New Member

It's gotten so bad for me that people seriously think I go home after school and kill people for the hell of it.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I don't think I will ever belong anywhere. Im not even sure if I fit in here:mellow:

10. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I've moved seventeen times in my life and lived in four different countries. Can't say that I've found a place where I say, "yes! This is it! This is where I belong!" People are assholes all over the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.