q

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by smith, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smith

smith New Member

i feel suicidal. i feel like i cant bear it. i hve been hospitalized 2 times since 2006 for depression and i just end up back in the same place,

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Smith and welcome..so sorry you are feeling so awful, but glad you found us...please continue to post and let us know how you are doing and how we can support you...welcome again and big hugs, J

3. stig

stig Well-Known Member

hi smith, welcome to the forum. I know how you feel. i have been through what you are going through. I still am. you can get through this. are you seeing a counsellor? are you on meds?

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Depression it can sneak up on you hopefully though with coping skills learned with therapy with meds next time it comes around it won' t stay as long it won't be as deep. Talking her does help get rid of the sadness some. Keep talking okay it helps

5. Live_life

Live_life Member

I felt what you feel as i am sure many of us have and still do in here. There is a way out but it requires one to have faith. To have faith in the one who created us. We as humans get let down by other humans but our creator can never let us down. You have a way out of this you all do. Open your heart and mind and look into the Qur'an. You have everything to lose if you take the easy way out but you should know that the easy way out will NOT end your torment but the devil that you can hear in your head is fooling you. He wants you to take your own life so that you may end in destruction. Have a look into this:

Rely on your creator and you will have a purpose in life and a reason to live. Otherwise the devil will continue to torment you until you take your own life for he is our enemy!

In the Quraan Allah has mentioned the call for help of Prophet Job. Allah says:

"And (Remember) Ayyub (Job), when he cried to his Lord: "Verily, distress has seized me, and you are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy". So We answered his call, and removed the distress that was on him, and We restored his family to him (that he had lost) and the like thereof along with them as a mercy from Ourselves and a reminder for all those who worship Us. (Surah Al-Anbiya Verse 83-84)

In another chapter of the Quraan Allah says regarding Prophet Job:

"And remember Our slave Ayyub (Job), when he invoked his Lord (saying):"Verily Satan has touched me with distress (by ruining my health) and torment (by ruining my wealth)! (Allah said to him): "Strike the ground with your foot: This is (a spring of) water to wash in, cool and a (refreshing) drink". And We gave him back his family, and along with them the like thereof, as a Mercy from Us, and a Reminder for those who understand."And take in your hand a bundle of thin grass and strike therewith (your wife), and break not your oath. Truly, We found him patient. How excellent a slave! Verily, he was ever oft- returning in repentance (to Us).

Like Prophet Job, each and every one of us is tested by Allah in someway or another. Some turn to Allah and seek help, as in the case of Prophet Job and others turn completely to the opposite side, which leaves many in grief. These people upon whom many grieve and mourn are the people who have turned to suicide.

Therefore turn to God and ask of him. Ask of him from the bottom of your heart and i promise you he WILL show you a way!

Look at the Qur'an for yourself with an open heart and mind. Read what God is telling us:

http://www.oneummah.net/quran/

This is the ONLY way out and the ONLY way to happiness and contenment. I am here for you if you have any questions. Do not let the devil defeat you. He can ONLY whisper evil to you but you have the control. Put your faith and reliance in your creator and i promise you you wil NOT be let down!

Message me if you have any questions at all. Thanks

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi smith. I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed and suicidal. Life can do that to us, but the important thing is to recognize that feeling down is a part of life and you can't let it get the better of you. Depression can be overcome but it takes a lot of effort. You have to be strong and keep on fighting. Don't give up. :hug:

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Live life, doesn't the Quran also teach people to 'kill the infidels?' :unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.