qestion

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lifeislife, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeislife

lifeislife Member

I will write lots of things which people allready said on this forum or somewhere else.

Throught the years of my pain i had lots of time to think about life. And thats the problem. I believe only people who do not think about life at all can be really happy. As someone smart said * Man becomes finally free when he just let it all go*.

Also absolute freedom = absolute lonelines. But we need love to be really happy. We need somebody. Therefor we cant never be truly free. Only when we die.

* Being human is suffering *

And because of that we inflict our pain on others to make it easier for us. When we are in depression, we seek for people who can carry this burden with us.

And when i look around on the state of our world... things not improving, they actually getting worst. We know about global warming, but we do not care. Let the other generations deal with it. We know about hungry childrens around world, but we are still unable to help them. We kill and torture animals everyday, but we do not care because they dont talk so its easy to forget them. We set the system where 90% people of this world need work 9 hours per day in job they dont like, just to finally come home to do what they like. We devastating nature around us like there is no tomorow. We lock ourselfs in little buildings isolated from everything and everybody. Our connection with nature is almost gone. And you can be sure as hell you need your connection with nature.

McDonald with food which can be almost called poison. If you saw movie SuperSizeMe you know what im talking about. Why? Because we prosper while others suffer. And millions of others things.

Now even if i proceed with my life and make it better. Why the heck i should want to be part of such rotten world? If all humans just die, only then nature and animals could live in harmony and there would be something like heaven on Earth again. I think we do act like some kind of virus. Like parasite.

Now can you tell why im wrong?

2. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Hye there,

First off, I'd like to say that I agree with you that mankind is a parasite. We suck the resources from the planet and do little to replenish them. There are many scince fiction stories where humanity goes from planet to planet, leaving whenever the planet's resources are dry, like a disease.

Still, you must remeber that humanity's not going anywhere, save the event of a world shattering catastrophe, or something like that. All the things you stated about our society are sad but true, but there's no way in the world that you'll change any of them, they're too deep in our culture and human nature to be changeable. It's better if one just accepts the way things are and does his or her small part into making this world a better place. That's as much as can be done.

Also, I partially agree with your statement that people are happier when they don't think about life. I say partially because I think it's actually the other way around. From personal experience, I've noticed people who have a happy life, having the things and situations to satisfy them, tend to think much less about life and its meaning and all that. On the other hand, people who's life is shaterred tend to think about those questions much more often.

Thinking about the meaning of life, in my opinion, is most often a personal response to the stress a person feels from the hurdles of life. A person with no hurdle big enough to jump tends to move happy and ignorant to those questions.

As a depressed person tough, one must try to keep himself or herself away from such thoughts as they do actually make things worse in terms of depression. The best thing to is to try your best to act like the other happier persons around you. I dont mean lie to the world, but trying to keep a positive attitude.

Hope that helps

3. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

Sure, thats an easy one. Youre wrong because you are assuming that your opinion is fact based only on the fact that it is your opinion.

You assume that, because you feel as though needing other people to be happy is a constraint, this must simply be the way it is. You do not take into account that the majority of the people on earth take great joy in their relationships, and find great freedom in being able to be an expressive human being around people who can appreciate you for such a fact. To say that we are only free when we are alone is silly, as loneliness is far more a cage in every sense of the word.

Yes, the world's economy is based on the lowly staying low, and the powerful staying powerful. This does not automatically mean that those who are on the lower rungs of the social structure in place would be any happier if they were the ones at the top. People are more than capable of working hard their entire life, and finding great joy in their existence. Would it be nice not to have to live paycheck to paycheck? Of course it would, but just because things are harder for people who do does not mean they cannot achieve the same level of happiness that someone more fortunate may enjoy.

While McDonalds is terribly unhealthy, many people who eat there do so a couple of times a month at most. Just because some do not have the self control to keep from poisoning themselves does not automatically all must act the same way. Much the same as smoking, and drinking, eating unhealthily as a vice has been around long before there was big business around to capitalize on it. And just like it was 1000 years ago, it is up to people individually to make healthy decisions. It is not like the health issues surrounding their food are not well known, so no one has an excuse for letting it destroy their bodies.

While your second to last sentence sounds nice when its written out, it is simply not applicable to real life. The world itself is not rotten, nor are people on the vast whole, it is simply something you choose to focus on, and use to draw conclusions. To equate human life to that of a virus shows a complete lack of perspective, and an overall devaluing of life itself. If you treat life with such short worth, it will in turn become worthless.

All said, youre wrong because you assume that you are right because this is how you feel. Life is what you make of it, and just because you treat life as worthless does not mean it is. Im not saying your opinions are incorrect, Im just saying that they are simply one way of looking at things that can be looked at from a nearly infinite number of angles.

4. lifeislife

lifeislife Member

Thanks alot guys.

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have learned that happiness comes from within. My depression is something that easily crowds out my happiness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.