Quarterly Goals

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Freya, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

New year resolutions are too stressful so I am all about Quarterly Goals this year.

Q1 (Jan 1 - March 31)
    • Lost 30lbs
    • Fixed sofa
    • Sorted out house
    • Saw the dentist
    • Dealt with medical things that needed doing
    • Had the car fixed
    • Saved £1000

Q2 (April 1 - June 30) Goals:
    • Lose 25lbs
    • Paint the bathroom
    • Complete Excel course to become an Excel God (this is not the official title I am told - disappointing)
    • Attend a Hen Party without having a colossal meltdown
    • Get resume website back up and running
    • Save another £1000
    • Take meds every day (including Vitamin D supplement!)
    • Sort hair out (look like a grey old woman at the moment)
    • Keep house clean enough that I wouldn't be mortified if someone dropped round unexpectedly.
    Jenumbra likes this.
  2. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

@Freya, if you don't mind me showing some concern here : - )

I've been doing this also. I did this around new years: set goals and planned them to finish them around selected times and focused on them being quarterly (if I did them yearly, I'd never get them done!)

I'm a bit worried about your weight goals here. On average, it's not healthy to loose more than 2 pounds per week (at most). They say about 6 pounds a month (yeah, I know that's a slow process...) I want to say it's AMAZING you've lost 30 lbs this year (congrats!! :)). However, as you get smaller, the weight is going to be harder to come off, and I don't want you to get discouraged from something that might be unrealistic!

Your in the UK (if I recall-- or someplace were it's rainy all the time!!) you deffo should be taking Vim D, and getting those levels checked regularly! It can affect mood greatly, and even affect weight loss. What I've learned from doctors: the oil capsules absorb better than the pills. If your too low, you might need to go on a high 50,000 IU prescribed dosage (it's a weekly capsule) for 12 weeks till it's up enough.

For medication, I use an app called "MedHelper" (alarm for phone) it might help you remember to take them, and chart them physically off, daily. Please keep us updated of your goals!!!!

Also,...what's a Hen Party? :- )

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

A Hen Party s what US people call a bachelorette party - I am not looking forward to it as I will only really know the bride to be and the only other people I know from 15 years ago and hoped to never have to see again.

Q2 is 13 weeks long, so losing 2lbs a week would get me to 26lbs. I am extremely overweight so not at the point where that should really be impossible - though I won't be upset if I "only" shift 20.

I do have low vitamin D - I may need an extra strong supplement - will see how it goes :) thanks for your reply!
  4. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

I would deffo talk to the doc about the low vim D playing roles. It can even cause damage to the bones.

Hope your doing well today, Freya!!!
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My quarterly goals (April-June)

Lose 28lbs. Quit drinking all fizzy drinks.Eat regular healthy meals.
    Exercise for 20 minutes, once a day building up to three times per day.
    Attend all of my DBT sessions.
    Medication compliance (necessary and crucial).
    Shower every second day or more.
    Freya and Ima.robot like this.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I must say I am more than impressed with your dedication to your goals. Well done, a huge well done. I know how badly you want to lose this weight and judging by your food diary you are doing excellent, fair play my friend.
  7. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

April 1 - June 30:
    • Gain 15 pounds
    • Get driver's license
    • Find a part-time job to pay for community college
    • Take a relatively easy class or two
    Yeah, I'd be amazed if I were to make half of those goals happen in a year.
    Freya likes this.
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

• Try to get a job, or at least keep looking
    • Be fit and healthy
    • Fix my sleeping problems
    • Find things to enjoy about every day
    Freya likes this.
  9. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

April to June

1. Pass Spring Quarter with at least 3.7
    2. Survive Dorm Life as RA
    3. Work on Eating and Sleeping Habits
    4. Survive Practicum Courses

Pretty much survive my 2nd to last quarter is mostly on my agenda along with getting healthier habits for eating and sleeping. But, I have to take care of other students first which puts the pressure on.
    Freya likes this.