Quest for self love

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sparky777, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky777

Sparky777 Well-Known Member

I'm on a quest for self love, because recently I've realized I yearn love from so many other people but myself. I just don't know where to start.

2. IamTetsuo

IamTetsuo Well-Known Member

This is very difficult for the likes of us with our low self esteem and everyhting although I have made some pretty big steps in the right direction over the last 18 months. Something which has worked for me is to try to see things as more of a unity so what is happening outside is what is happening inside. If you try to take a softer view of the world around you, you may feel that you take a softer view of yourself. Don't judge others and you may stop judging yourself. An easy place to start is by looking at nature and animals and children and just see how pure and beautiful they are - then realise that you are the same, that we're all the same deep down, pure and beautiful just with years of crap accumulating and obscuring that.

When you feel that softness for the world around you you might feel it for yourself too, but just see it out of the corner of your eye because it's a shy, delicate thing and it gets scared easily.

This is just a view that has helped me. All the best

3. Sparky777

Reading this was nice. Lately over the past 9 months or so as well I have been trying to practice self love. I have definitely found that if what you see on the outside is sort of a projection of yourself. If you can forgive someone else, then you can forgive yourself and vice versa.

One of my favourite quotes is "I love me, I love me enough for the both of us."

And I think I'm really trying to strive for that lately. The ability to love myself enough to not care about being loved back by someone else.

4. IamTetsuo

IamTetsuo Well-Known Member

We are all one, everything is part of the whole but we have a bad habit of trying to split everything apart and then labelling and comparing it. We all belong here as much as anything else and the universe loves us as like a parent loves a child. Modern society makes us feel alienated from each other and the environment and sets us in competition but really it's all one so whatever you say to something else is what you say to yourself and vice versa. Open yourself up and let it flow through.

You don't need to strive for anything, just realise that you're already enough. You deserve to be loved, that goes without saying although I just said it omg paradox

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Everyone is equal no one is above anyone. I use nature to help heal some of the pain inside As said if one can see there is beauty there is positives in the world then one does not feel the pain that was put there by others.
    Going for walks in the woods or along a beach feeling the air smelling the air the trees budding feeling the sun or the rain even all makes one feel more alive and connected not so isolated in ones soul so to speak

6. Sparky777

I see this on a universal level but I know that I'm not loved like that by individuals and I wish I was. I wish I meant more to someone. I think you know the situation I'm in right now, me being someone's second pick and picking someone else over me. I hate the feeling of jealousy.

7. Sparky777

I am trying to see that beauty and I do see it but it's like I always want more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.