Question 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
The logical answer: nothing because we are always changing. Whether it's our thinking, beliefs, values, likes and dislikes, situations and circumstances, etc., we're always evolving in some way. I don't think there is such a thing as an inherent self.

Having said that, however, I still do falsely believe I have an inherent self (which I need to work on letting go of). But that inherent self is me based on what I'm passionate about mainly.

Yes..i think you are right..
I got stuck to this question..i didnt answer because i didnt knoq what to say

But you said it good..we are always changing..
Still..something is remaining..that little voice inside that is talking to us always..the voice is the same even if it says different things..the ones that " speaks" the thoughts..i cant even explain myself:))

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Maybe I disagree. We are not a bunch of generic units tumbling with the forces around us. If we were, we'd just be totally miserable all the time and unable to change anything. We are that nearely. But I think, contrary to popular belief, that we are and are of what I know as spirits. (here we go again). Spirit/spirits operate and are driven by natural desire. Natural desire is impetus. A person is as if, a conversation amongst the spiritly unit, a person, the self. As any person is made up of unique spirits, a person, simply existing, is separate and different from any other, yet still full of desire so the person/unit is forever pursuing it's own unique desire.

Maybe I disagree. We are not a bunch of generic units tumbling with the forces around us. If we were, we'd just be totally miserable all the time and unable to change anything. We are that nearely. But I think, contrary to popular belief, that we are and are of what I know as spirits. (here we go again). Spirit/spirits operate and are driven by natural desire. Natural desire is impetus. A person is as if, a conversation amongst the spiritly unit, a person, the self. As any person is made up of unique spirits, a person, simply existing, is separate and different from any other, yet still full of desire so the person/unit is forever pursuing it's own unique desire.

Driven by desires..sounds so beautifull

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
The logical answer: nothing because we are always changing. Whether it's our thinking, beliefs, values, likes and dislikes, situations and circumstances, etc., we're always evolving in some way. I don't think there is such a thing as an inherent self.

Having said that, however, I still do falsely believe I have an inherent self (which I need to work on letting go of). But that inherent self is me based on what I'm passionate about mainly.
but the way you put this, you seem to all at once contradict and confirm what you are saying. and some of what you say i see as being in accord with what i believe. because what i believe is that there is constant change. my belief in spirits is i think very similar to a belief in radio waves. it does make me a bit happy that you say you have an inherent self. i do have trouble with the “falsely” part. i wish i understood why you think its false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00