question about alcohol

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ashes_away, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

it makes me feel better and when I drink red wine,I do feel..better.What ruins it is the guilt.Something has to get me through the day and night..I think I should change my attitude and stop feeling guilty and let myself feel good for once.The fluxuotine isn't I will keep drinking red wine.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Where does the guilt come from? Is it just a generalized guilt that people say happiness shouldn't be found in drinking?

I drink, but I have found more positive effects from it than negative so far. Maybe/probably one day if I don't stop myself I will see the more negative side. I've heard all the stories and know what can happen, but I don't think I'll ever really believe it until I feel it. So far, drinking makes me feel good, and I try not to feel guilty about it.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

alcohol and meds together not so wise but you knew that
  4. ashes_away

when you are right you are right.No sympathy for my being a dummie,I know.
    Thanks for your honesty.The problem is the meds seem to have made me crave alcohol more,or..the meds just aren't helping me be less miserable on it's own.I can't stop.I try though.
  5. ashes_away

I tend to feel the same way ,but when I want to drink in the morning it isn't so positive.I used to be fine with drinking a few glasses in the late afternoon and evening.But ,on the other hand,when I sleep good at night(extremely rare) I am better during the day ,too.I'm just trying to get to square one here.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, a couple of months ago I was drinking a bottle of wine a day, plus maybe a few cans of cider on top of maximum dose anti depressants. It felt good at first, it gave me a confidence boost.. then it wore off, I felt suicidal and depressed constantly. I am now alcohol free and feel 1000 x better.
    Please don't let alcohol be in control. You need to be in control if you are going to fight this depression. If your medication isn't working , see the doc :) :hug:
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Listen to Irish.

Alcohol was my best friend and it almost killed me.
  8. ashes_away

thanks everyone.I wish I could have aa meetings at my place,lol.Twice a day.
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am sure there is one nearby.

Keep comin' back! lol

BTW. I am Bill and I am an alcoholic.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  10. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is Vivian and I'm an alcoholic. There are meetings online. :)

Regarding guilt. A lot of the guilt I felt in the past was for feeling responsible for things that were another person's responsibility. It takes some time to sort that out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.