Question about Assissted Suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chuckdawg, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuckdawg

Chuckdawg Member

Greetings everyone, I can't remember the last time I posted here, but I believe it was a while back, I recently gained a curiosity of a certain subject I was researching. Is there any state with in the United States that Physician-Assisted Suicide is legal? Also, if a certain object is used for suicide, lets say for example, <mod edit-gentlelady-methods>, what's the chances it would fail?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  2. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I live in the state you're talking about. Most of us here in Oregon don't agree with physician assisted suicide, but it has been done - don't know how many times. Suicide is still a crime. To be legal it has to be assisted by a physician, and I suspect it would be hard to find a doctor willing to do that unless the patient was terminally ill and would only be used if the patient was enduring a great deal of suffering.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

assisted suicide is legal in 3 locations in the world

take care
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  4. ybt

ybt Guest

SF is pro life, and won't tell you methods. As far as euthanasia as concerned, check the individual laws.
  5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Please don't ask about the chances of dying from a <mod edit>. This is a pro-life forum and such talk is not tolerated.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  6. Chuckdawg

Chuckdawg Member

I apologize greatly on my behalf then for breaking the rule, I will be sure to avoid such ignorance in the future. But I thank you all for the help asked.
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Apology accepted. It was not so much the question about places where assisted suicide is legal, but that methods were questioned. This topic has been debated worldwide. It seems like to every situation there can be two sides and both have very valid arguments. I guess for most people, it boils down to what you truly believe. Where your sense of morals lie. Even then, you can sometimes feel yourself wavering in certain circumstances.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.