Question about Benzodiazepine pills?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by andrtaker, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrtaker

andrtaker Guest

1. In Edmonton Alberta Canada, is it a prescription or a over-the-counter drug?
    2. What are the side effects when you take it?
    3. Can it also be used in anxiety and trouble having sleep?
    4. Is it kinda addicting?

I must know these can someone give me an answer! Ill be back here soon

2. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

in all honesty, it is best if you can see your doctor or speak with a pharamacist! they will have the best answers for you as to what you should take, what dose, etc.... everybody experiences these drugs differently, it's mostly trial and error with a few untill you find the ones that fit.

3. hardcore

hardcore Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine

didnt read it all but
    1. dont know
    2. some both nothing all that bad unless your old or have other heart problems or something
    3. yes it is used for that
    4. after continued ues: quite possibly

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

1 probably not otc
    2 major concern is respiratory depressant
    3 yes..restoril is best example
    4 benzo are fairly addicting and hell withdrawl!!!

5. GeekGurl

GeekGurl Well-Known Member

Benzodiazepines are a class of drugs,not one specific drug
    benzos include valium and xanax to name just a couple.
    they are very addictive if abused or taken for a long time, and I don't think they're OTC anywhere.

6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

1. You can only get benzo with prescription
    2. Dizziness, vomiting (I did) sleepiness, trouble walking
    3. Yes
    4. It's EXTREMELY addictive! When I was hospitalised, there was a 12-year old boy with asperger who had been on benzo for a year. He was constantly aggressive, screaming "I WANT MY STESOLID*! I WANT IT NOW YOU FUCKING SLUT!!!!" to the nurse's room, kicking the door and trying to scratch the eyes off everyone. It was totaly dramatic... After that, I've been refusing benzo and I will always do.
    *Valium

7. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

ok heres an answer to all your questions:

1. No its a Controlled Drug under international law. You have to be prescribed it and if you ever get caught with it and you cant prove its yours then you will get charged with Possession of a Banned substance/class a drug whatever it is in canada.

2.Umm depends which one you mean, there is diazepam which is the most common, Temazepam, nitrazepam (mogadon), oxazepam, librium, etc there are 30. Side affects for short term use drowsiness, lack of co-ordination, decreased alertness, blurred vision etc. theres a lot. Long term use include addiction, possible liver damage, suicidal thoughts, severe withdraw.

3. Yes thats exactly what theyre meant for. Thats why they are known as tranquilizers.

4. Highly addictive. I cant stress this enough. You go onto benzos and stop taking them all of a sudden you could die from it. They are only meant for short term use only.

Hope i helped :D

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It can be used for anxiety and sleep.
    They can be addicting.
    Check out http://drugs.com and type in Klonopin you'll get a whole bunch of info on the side affects etc.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

1. Benzodiazepines are a controlled substance. They are available by prescription only.

2.Drowsiness, suicidal thoughts, decreased alertness, blurred vision..and the never ending list goes on..

3.Yes and yes. Very good for both.

4. HIGHLY addictive. Only take them if necessary.

On a side note..The benzos I have taken are Valium, xanax and bromazepam. Xanax was the most addictive and fast acting.

10. andrtaker

andrtaker Guest

alright, thats all i needed everyone. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.