Question about depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Dhanjot, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhanjot

Dhanjot Well-Known Member

Hi all, I've never been diagnosed with it, but I'm 99% certain I have it, most likely a sever case of it... My question is, how much money would it typically cost to get diagnosed and treated? Thanks. Sorry if that's a dumb question...

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Well, I have no clue how much it would cost to get diagnosed and the treatment overall could be costly. Sometimes it can be a while before you've 'recovered'. But you have to remember it's like cancer, you do what you must to beat it :smile:.

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

It also depends where you live, I was diagnosed, am still in treatment, I probably will be for the rest of my life. I mean it's all been free for me on the NHS, but once I start working full time my prescription will be around £8 a month.

4. Dhanjot

Dhanjot Well-Known Member

Hi Long Road and Aurora,

Thanks for the info... yeah, I was kind of afraid of that...

P.S, Aurora, what a great name!!

5. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Dhanjot, to be honest, I don't think you can put a money amount on treating depression. For some people, changing some part of their life (job, location, bf/gf, etc) is enough. For most, it takes time and a lot of help. Many people take antidepressants, which, depending on your health care, can be very expensive or free. Some people say doctors and medicines don't help in the slightest, others swear by them. It's all about what you feel is right. Good luck!

6. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

Depression for most is life long. I am covered under insurance for free since I was diagnosed. I take the meds as prescribed and am not afarid to change docs when I feel more can be done. A good amount of the treatment is talk therapy. I recenlty moved away from a major city and has helped me a great deal. The cost for treating depression to me? Priceless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.