Question about social fobia

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Hurted, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I have moderate problems with it.
    I have SF all my life, and all the time it jumps from mild to moderate... In last 2 years it was mild, but in last months it cause me lot of problems...
    Well i have some question. What are side effects of medication? Do you gain weight? Does anti depressants work too? Can medication be prescribed to a 16 years old with not severe sf?
    I can life with it, and if i wouldnt be depressed it would be much more mild.
    But the problem is, that it is very severe on 2 very important areas: Public performances and dating. I used to perform (I play guitar and piano) for 5 years, and in first years it was very severe, i have to puke before performing etc... Then it was better, i didnt puke what was great victory for me... but now i would have to start all again, i didnt perform for 2 years now...
    And the most problematic thing is dating. I cant ask a girl or told her that im in love with her, not even on MSN. My biggest fear is not rejection, but that girl would make fun out of me and that she would tell all her friends... Also even if i would date a girl, i would have extremly severe anxiety problems before date so i guess that i would fucked up everything...

2. DrownedGirl

DrownedGirl Well-Known Member

Well i have a diffrent type of social fobia. I have trubel cumunicatting whit people even if i know them for all my life. I can`t speek to them if i have to ask somebody something i have a bad anxiaty attack. Well i have trubel talking abaut my fellings to anybody . But i didn`t know this can be treated whit medicine.. Anyway i don`t like pills and stuff like that . You are only 16?
    Well i am 20 and my doctor dose not won`t me to take pills for depression cozz i am to yung he says.
    Anyway thanx that you brought this them on,people should talk abaut it more.

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Hm that is strange... How severe depressed are you? I am moderatly (with severe episodes, which comes daily and last few hours) and my doctor says that it would be smart to take pills, but i dont like idea.
    And yes, SF can be cured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.