question and help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by rcw, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcw

rcw Member

How can you be feeling ok and still want to die Iam not depressed but wanting to die keeps coming up in my thoughts and thinking of a way to do it

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Sometimes it has to do with personal motivation or other things, while other times it has to do with chemical imbalances. Have you seen anyone professionally about it? Just remember that the bad thoughts can also go away and you don't want to do something that you won't even be able to regret later. Good thoughts your way - please see someone about it, it cannot hurt at least.

3. rcw

rcw Member

i already see someone i see my t tomorrow

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think perhaps we fall into habits of thinking, so that even if we're not still feeling that depressed, we "think depressed." It can take some time and conscious thought to shift our brains and remember that not in the same low spot we were once in. I think once you get more used to not feeling down, and more used to feeling OK, your thoughts could change direction. Be safe.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Obsessive thinking is hard one to let go of hun In time talking to your therapist the thoughts will be less and less hugs

6. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

Like the others have said it can become a habit and an "automatic thought". There was this same suicidal thought every time I would drive on the same road for years. I had to finally learn to stop myself when I had the thought and change it. Also some people can not feel depressed but still think of suicide as a "solution" to end your problems without really being depressed. Its like you are still looking for an "escape hatch" still if things get too bad again is how a former therapist of mine described it. You dont have to be depressed to attempt suicide some do it out of anger, spite, revenge, or purely on impulse. Others do it accidentialy (like if they are just trying to engage in a self harm behavior) and tragically many times it ends a way they werent planning.

Keep talking and take good care of yourself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.