question..answer please

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silentlyscreaming

does anyone here have problems with word association..like if you hear a word no matter in what context it hurts you emotionally..because my girlfriend is like that and i want some help as to why or just want some input..thank you

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Yeah I do, have no idea how to fix it though. For example, I hate hearing the word "college", since I am a miserable college student absolutely surrounded by other students having a billion friends, having the time of their lives, etc. whereas I'm miserable, pathetic, deep in loserdom,etc. :dry:

Anyone says it, it annoys me, it like hurts my ears or something.

W

wienerman

i guess you need to break the word association by putting a positive spin on the word. maybe write down the positives and negatives of the word, to show her it isnt a bad word, and that words really cannot be "bad"

Twisted F

I'm like that, especially with certain written words. It has made me very careful when reading in forums and blogs. I've gotten anxiety attacks several times from reading this forum, for example. I'm afraid I can't offer you any help, though. I have no idea why it is this way or what to do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00