Question for everyone

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by absolution, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Do you believe there is a god? Why? why not?
    Curiousity is a killer :unsure:

2. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

My personal opinion is no too much bad stuff happens in the world for there to be. But then I don't belive in anything like that as far as I'm concerned when you die that's it no more you just stop being and so far no one has proved me wrong.

But that is just my opinion.

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I do...I have seen far too many "coincidences" in life to not believe that something "bigger" is running this show and I just can't believe our lives are to be lived in total vain with no purpose, not sure what exactly that purpose is-to learn? to grow?-but just seems like this Universe is a pretty big deal to something.

4. History

History Well-Known Member

i had my fair share of coincidences too. Too many of them happening in a way too short of time. It all happenned when I was manic.

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I don't think my answer is going to help at all here :laugh:

"Do you believe there is a God?" - I don't know :unsure:

I've seen coinsidences, things happening at just the right moment etc. I've spoken to both people who do, and don't, believe .. and I actually agree with both of them.

I would love to believe in a higher being, in an afterlife .. but I'm just not sure if I can.

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Awesome answers guys thanks....i just wish more people would answer :unsure:

7. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I believe there is a God that works independently of us.

8. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

There was just same question at this same thread so maybe people are tired to answer this.

I do not believe.

9. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

oh sorry didnt no

10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

You might find some more answers here :)

11. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I think theres something out there but not the all seeing all caring god of christianity. Too many bad things happen to innocent people and a lot of coincidences.

12. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No. I only believe in the scheme of the universe, the way things are meant to be based on a solidified and fixed mathematical formula in the scheme of a universe and dimension that we have absolutely no control over. It doesn't need to be worshiped... it's not sentient, it's not a being, there are no rules, no intervention, it just is. That's the way things come together or fall apart, and there is no right or wrong or good or bad, nor morals or shit like that....they just happen as they're meant to happen, just as 2 and 2 will always mean 4. The equation happens and the result is made and there's no stopping nor changing it. And thus...

What in the fuck is this: :anony:

13. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I don't believe in nothin' outside of that. There is no one that's looking out for us, no one will "strangely" intervene in what happens to us, and that's all there is. We are just a part of all of this nonsense, and not very important in it whatsoever. IMO of course.

14. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i totally and completely believe that there is a God and i want to so badly comment on some of these things that i have read here, but i know it's pointless people just want to believe what they want to nothing more. so i'll just keep my trap shut. take care

15. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

i dont believe in god because of what really happens in this world like holy war and crusades, prayers dont get answer, lastly... dont rely on personal experience.. read science books, history books, bible, and koran.. anything related to god and science used your mind.. dont let the culture, fear, emotion or personal experience to decide if you believe in god.. use the fact and mind..

16. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

People looked up to the skies and thought "who made us?". So they looked for answers in God. However, Jesus was real, and he walked on water.... I'm agnostic.

17. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Oh there it is, it run away, it is one of them which running around my brains...

18. Things

Things Well-Known Member

No, I used to, but there's just too many questions now for me to believe. ("Why would God allow this?" "Why did He make men with nipples?" ect.).

I would like to believe in a loving diety. I would like for their to be an after life, death terrifies me, but it doesn't make it so. But I do believe everything has a logical explaination.

19. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

20. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Haha, well that IS a good reason. XD

Now, we just need an explaination for the tailbone... :huh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.