question for people who believe in afterlife

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Darken, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

what do you think happens in the afterlife? and if you believe there is a reason for life , what is it?
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't know the reason for Life, mine or anyone's, and I don't know anything about the Afterlife, having not gotten there yet, but I do believe in an "afterlife" of some sort. I believe cause I want to believe, that's all. Because I can.
  3. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Im trying to be more open minded and im not going to debate in this thread I just want to hear some peoples opinions.
  4. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

I'm still sceptical about this so its not a belief and I dont shout about it because a lot of people would not like me. I think that your brain is made up of so much energy and we can pretty much say that energy cant be destroyed, just changed. Where does that energy go when we die? The awereness, the emotions?
    The way I see it, it can be spiritual energy, not measurable by tools we have yet found. I havent got a clue what the after life would be like but I do suspect that we make our own heaven and hell and that for example a suicide bomber will be in a very dark place with the regret of what they have done, until they find forgiveness and find lighter areas. I don't think we're going to be alone there as well. I think our energies move at a frequency and that frequency, if very high means we are in good spirits, very low, means were in bad spirits. This is exactly the same as what mediums say when they can go into a room where there's been an argument and feel a change in the air. So, spirits of the same frequency will be able to pick each other up easily. Again, I think the idea of ghosts are not so absurd but not so supernatural. To me they are either echo's of energy, or a spirit with a certain frequency that people happen to pick up on.

Well, that's my take on it anyhow. Sorry if I offended anyone because I know how easy it is to do so.
  5. Anonymous Dude

Anonymous Dude Well-Known Member

An honest person would just say, "I don't know". So, I don't know.
  6. Jackson

Jackson Guest

Like Beetlejuice. Suicides become civil servants.
  7. Syd

Syd Guest

8. muslim

muslim Well-Known Member

Hi all

before i begin to share opinion in that thread
    i hope from all members to be calm with each other most of postsincluding and excluding my posts are attack and defence and in the last nothing
    may be one of the members insult other(i say most not all)

so please we are here from different countries different languages different religion different civilizations so we can share different opinions witheach other(it is not good to hear from someone that my english like children
    and leave what i say)i am not british nor american i am Egyptian (arabic) muslim thats all

so i will share my opinion but in that thread but calmly

r u agree with me???
    thanks for u all
  9. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Yeah muslim your free to share you opinion. People sometimes find my atheistic opinion negative or agaisnt what they believe so it makes them mad or they dont like me, but I dotn care.
  10. Jackson

Jackson Guest

Just because you don't know doesn't mean there aren't honest people out there who honestly believe they know there's an afterlife. I mean, come on, honestly...
  11. One who listens..

One who listens.. Well-Known Member

In my own opinion, which is what this thread is all about, I believe in nothing after life.

If any of you can imagine eternal nothingness (Which is impossible to do, because you have never experienced it.) The closest thing to come to it would be when you are munconcious, or in a coma, but even then you aren't /experiencing/ it because you have no recollection of it.

It would be simpler for me to say that I believe when a life ends, it winks out forever, like a light turned off. No heaven, no hell, no thoughts, no remorse, no peace, no happiness, no sadness. Just nothing.
  12. One who listens..

One who listens.. Well-Known Member

Uh, okay,
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2007
  13. muslim

muslim Well-Known Member

definetly there is life after death because

1)th most important thing is that my creed as a muslim tells that and that is enough i take my islam as a all without making it parts believe some and ignore some

2)it is logic to believe that from the justice of allah to give every one what he deserves the one he makes good cant be like the bad
    innocent not like guilty
    in life there is judjement for any guilty and he must be punished in ur work one is punished and one is rewarded
    in school university the same
    so the things that we are guilty in it or the good things we do and no one knows it except god
    who will give uswhat we deserve
    there must be a leader for that universe why we believe in judgement in life
    and we ignore it after life

of course u will say prove to me that there is after life

we r talking about thing after death
    so when i die i will try to tell you :):wink:
    may be we c each other after death
  14. Anonymous Dude

Anonymous Dude Well-Known Member

Sort of..?

When you die your brain stops, after that, then what? Nobody really knows. Even those who have died and come back to life have differing opinions. People aren't lying when they say they believe in an afterlife, because they 1. Believe it to be true, 2. There is no evidence there isn't an afterlife. So either they are mistaken or right. But to say you know undoubtedly there is an afterlife on just a hunch and explain every detail of what you think it is, is probably stretching something.

I think we're just gonna end up arguing over 'know' and 'believe', which would be silly because people use both of them to describe what they think is real or not. It's a really hazy field and people will offer their speculation about it, but that's about it, but that's pretty much what the OP was asking for anyway.

Personally I believe there very well could be an afterlife (as does the majority of the world), what it is, and the reason for it I have no idea.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2007
  15. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

bah^ this is a thread to express your opion of the afterlife not to debate mmkay.

anyways. the thing that makes me agnostic about a afterlife is. with out some sort of after life there will be no justice for those who did wrong and got away with it, there will be no peace for those who had horrible lives and suffered. all your memorys are stored in your brain yeah so when you die all your memorys would be gone etcetera. just seems to me like life is uterly pointless and there is no good or evil and nothing matters, and if you had a horrible life or died tragicly too fuckin bad cause it will enver get better or get a second try its just over.
  16. lebigmac

lebigmac Well-Known Member

I don't believe in an afterlife, because there's no reason to. Simple as that. If someone can provide me with a modicum of empirical evidence to refute my belief, then I might change my mind.

Is there purpose to life? If you consider living a purpose, then yes. Otherwise, no.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2007
  17. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Clearly the moon is not made of green cheese. However, I believe it is made of Cheddar Cheese, show me some empirical evidence that refutes my claim.
  18. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I believe in an after life, and that hopefully it will be full of forgiveness and peace. I also believe we will be reunited with our loved ones.

And for those who really do not believe, I'm sure you think this is a silly question, but...

What about miracles? I know most people try to explain them away, but 100,000 people saw the miracle of the sun at Fatima...faithful and skeptics alike.
  19. muslim

muslim Well-Known Member

our brain is limited cant recognize every thing and any thing.

and not every thing need an evidence .
    if i have a car and someone threw a stone over the glass

u asked who made that ur father said i saw MARTINI ur neighbour threw it
    will u say to ur father give me an evidence that MARTINI do that

of course no that depends on ur confidence on ur father and whether u believe him or not and respect him or not

and to ALLAH the higher example

ALLAH says there is after life if u respect and believe u will be sure of that

by the way
    muslims jewish christians have in their holly books that their is after life
  20. Syd

Syd Guest

From the description of an "opaque sun" object that was moving through the clouds, the first thing I thought of was a UFO. I'm not the kind of person to be persuaded one way or the other without a lot of proof (or better yet first-hand experience & observation) but I did enjoy the article. I think many people will be skeptical without seeing something like this ourselves, but some may agree with your beliefs.

Maybe someone should start a thread where we can provide links to various phenomena. I'm not very knowledgeable on paranormal, but a few events I recall reading about are Taos Hum, Flatwoods Monster, The Walton Experience, and The Tether Incident. I don't know, I'm sure others here can share some better paranormal stories.

Anyway, thanks for posting that story Peanut. I'll let this thread return to it's original subject now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.