Question on Trusting?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by White Dove, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

I have a question on trust?

How do you break that bonds of not trusting when everytime you start to trust someone that trust is broken by that other person? Can you ever get to the point of trusting someone ever again? if so how??

EXAMPLE:

I myself have not been the best at being a person others could trust in my past, but with Gods help i have learned how to say something and do it especially if it is good things.. like helping others at the nursing home etc... I know it takes time to rebuild my trust but how do you begin to trust others when they break that trust every time.?

everytime i get close to someone and begin to trust in them or believe in them, they up and break that bond that i have so much mended together to trust again and to trust in anyone. so how do i trust? when everytime i do i end up hurt?

i am to the point that i dont believe in anyone anymore and not so sure to even believe in myself either..

how do i get past this, when the trust is broken so many times? How do i begine to trust in anyone when i keep getting hurt and a trust is broken by them? How do i get over it?

It is like there is this nail on a fence post and everytime i trust someone and they break that trust with me then the nail gets pushed futher and futher into the side of the fence. It is like it is so deep now that it cant be pulled out so i have closed my heart up to trusting because i know or believe in the end it will be nailed in deeper if i decide to trust anyone else..

erm,, does this make any sence??

to sum it up, how do i trust when everytime i do and everytime i open up my heart it gets broken so badly? i am hurting so much right now cause i thought maybe this time around my trusting in someone would be real, their feelings for me would be real, their love for me would be real,etc.

i could use all pointers on this please? any help? anything to help me to be able to help my heart open up to trusting when everytime i do i get hurt and a trust is broken.. is it even possiable to ever be able to trust anyone again after many times being broken by others who i thought i could trust??

serious question and i seek serious replies..

thank you.

White Dove

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.