Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bbak, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbak

bbak Member

Does the feeling ever go away? The heart ache, loneliness, sadness. I want to know from people that have lived with suicidal feelings and not the dr.s or people that want to give advice. My heart is heavy and it feels that this is a pain I am meant to live with. If thats the case I am not sure that I want to.
  2. Count Floyd

Count Floyd Well-Known Member

Tell us more about what's going on with you.
  3. bbak

bbak Member

I am tired of being tired. I have lived with this feeling of not really belonging where ever I have been. It feels that there is a heaviness to my heart that doesn't go away. I talk to people/family/friends and they don't feel this lack of belonging. I tried to end things years ago and the thought/feeling hasn't gone away. The feeling might get stronger at times but it is always there. I just want to get out and not feel the anxiety and all of the junk I have been living with for so long, like so many people that I see.
  4. lilodian4ever

lilodian4ever Account Closed

Hi bbak,

I can COMPLETELY identify with you. To answer your first Q, I have wanted to escape for 12 years now, and no, the feeling DOES NOT go away. It has always been there for me as well, since the age of 17.

Like you, I'm also tired of being tired. Just want some rest.

It's not worth staying here on this Earth. For most people, it is. For you or me, it isn't.

Just being honest with you.
  5. -Simon-

-Simon- Active Member

Does the feeling ever go away? Well, I've felt this way for 20 years, it's what makes me who I am. As odd as it sounds I think it makes me a better person than I would have been, it gives me a perspective on life that I wouldn't have had. I think if you can't beat it then embrace it. That's just me though and I'm probably a bit odd.
  6. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

In my experience the answer is both yes and no. Suicidal ideation tends to come to forfront when you go through a crisis. It pays to research suicide and learn your triggers. Isolation, meaninglessness, purposelesness are a few of the common triggers, so be with people, keep busy etc.
  7. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I agree with what Simon said. I feel like a better person since. Got my depression. But to answer your question: what helps me is to do something I LOVE TO DO. Something that I don't mind spending time on. If lonliness makes you suicidal, then make yourself busy with something. I know its hard to do things when you feel like this, but its not going to get better if you keep going about things the same way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.