Question?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

***LEA***

I am in the UK. What would happen if i went to my GP and told her I was seriously suicidal. Would I get locked up?

Well I've never been locked up for being extremely suicidal (dont seem to believe me for some reason :unsure: )
I hope you get the help that you are looking for/need :hug:

Ignored

Staff Alumni
Almost certainly not! Would refer you to psych (assuming you're not already seeing one) and might want to give you medication but I've never been locked up despite everything I've done.

dying2die

I can assure they won't lock you up. I've been there a million times before. even the first time I attempted suicide I was only in the hospital 3 days. they don't usually lock you up unless they feel there is no other option. telling some one is a good idea, you need to talk about it with someone.

L

***LEA***

I hope you are all right, I need to be sure before I go to see her. Being locked up would drive me completely nuts! :loopy: :barmy:

:hysterica

LEA x x x:hug:

dying2die

you are doing the right thing by telling some one. they won't lock you up. like I said I've been there before. I have been an unwilling inpatient several times(ive spent almost 16 months as an inpatient) and it was only because it was the only option. telling some one you are suicidal is the first step to admitting you need help. whom ever you talk to will see that as a step in the right direction. it means that you aren't happy with your life now, but you want it to change.

L

***LEA***

OK, so what if i tried 3 week ago and ended up in hospital for 6 days then signed myself out saying it was a mistake. And, twice before that i tried and told them it was an accident. And I still want to do it. Would they still not lock me up? I need help but dontwant to go into hospital.

L

***LEA***

Thanks Shygirl, thats just what i wanted to hear. That puts my mind at rest so, now i can make that appointment before i do anything too drastic. :bunny:

LEA :hug: :flowers:

yada

I hope you are all right, I need to be sure before I go to see her. Being locked up would drive me completely nuts! :loopy: :barmy:

:hysterica

LEA x x x:hug:
This is one of the major reasons I won't see a psych. Here in the US, a brother of a friend told his GP that he was suicidal. The GP said he'd have to go to the mental clinic voluntarily or the GP would have to call the police to have him taken there. He agreed to go voluntarily, went there, discussed briefly with the staff, then said no thanks. They would not let him leave then and held him for a few days for evaluation. Couldn't imagine how I tormented I'd be if I went through that.

L

***LEA***

Well, I went yesterday and they did lock me up over night. I had to agree to seeing the crisis team before they let me out today!! :mad:

LEA x x x

L

***LEA***

No, crap, for some reason they think they can help:laugh: Doubt it:unsure:

Anyway, a CPN is coming to my home tomorrow to see me again and i had to agree to use the crisis numbers they gave me. so I agreed to everything just to get out of there :laugh:
Its weird but now i feel more than ever like doing it :ohmy:

~Nobody~

Like suicide you mean?

I had that feeling after I came close to being detained on Monday :unsure:.

But talking on here helped me through and it passed.

I really hope you're okay and I'm pleased you're at least getting the help you deserve :smile:.

:hug: x

Ruby

I'm shocked that people said they'd let you go home. If a patient said they were 'seriously suicidal', then the chances are that you wouldn't be going home without some form of intervention. I'm not entirely sure that they'd 'lock you up' though. I also guess it depends on HOW suicidal the person is. Whether they had a passing thought of suicide, but they had no intention of carrying it out. Or whether they had made specific plans on how they'd do it, when they'd do it and so on.

Also, I had the Crisis team coming out to me once. I HATED, HATED, HATED it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00