Question

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Twisted Sweet Lies, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

The scar reduction post got me thinking. Am I the only one on here who likes the scars? I don't cut any more but yet I don't want my scars to fade I'm not really sure why. So is anyone else like this?

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Well, I have this thing, I love the scars, I hate the scars, they remind me of my past... So..Yes, I am. If that made any sense at all.

3. Twisted Sweet Lies

I know what you mean. Sometimes I look at myself and think of how gross I look. I think of how no guy would want me because I'm all scared up and they would just find it gross. Some times I also hate it because I can't go swimming with my cousins because everyone would see the scars. But then I like the scars... it reminds me that I made it... that I fought and won.

4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:laugh:

You sound like me. Only I'm still fighting.

5. Twisted Sweet Lies

I still get urges... I just find ways to fight them off. Sometimes I slip and pinch myself or hit my leg but at least I'm not cutting any more. So I don't know if you would consider that to be recovered or still fighting.

6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I believe that that is still self harm, hitting, pinching etc. Although, it is definitely a good thing that you don't really cut any more. I dont really have any scars on my arms anymore, and I'm glad - I can wear singlets, t shirts etc. But I still have scars on my legs. I dont really mind though... and in a way they remind me where I came from.

TDM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.