1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ithuriel, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ithuriel

ithuriel Well-Known Member

is it wrong just to live for others when you feel no joy and the world is just too much?

2. ithuriel

the reason i ask is because i do not want to hurt my brother , sister and my best friend but i do not think i want to carry on.
    i think i have enough pills if i want to try.

3. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

I would always recommend thinking, and thinking again,

If it wasn't for my family I would have died along time ago, I dont mean they give me strength, in fact alot of the time they are the cause of my problem but everytime I come close I think of how it will destroy them and I just cant do it.

So if you love and care for them I definatly think it is worth not doing it. I cant imagine the pain it would cause someone.

On another note. What is making you feel like doing this now? Is it a new trigger or an old one? And most importantly have you seeked help?

4. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Personal opinion: Absolutely. It is what I'm doing, though not very well. The only caveat might be what sort of duty you feel you owe these others. In my case I'm married with a child, so my feeling is I owe both of them an absolute duty to stick around, unless my presence would be more burden than help. I think I'm slightly more helpful than burdensome, though not by much.

Personal opinion: I don't think anyone else can decide this part of your post except you, sadly. If you're looking for advice about one particular issue or another that might be a different matter, but phrased the way you've phrased it there's not much I or anyone else can say, I'd think.

5. sorrowstealer

sorrowstealer Member

The way I see it is, if you have/find a reason to live, then life is worth living.

6. ithuriel

i guess all i can do is carry on and hope i do not get worn down to much to the point where i give in to my self destructive feelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.