question?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ithuriel, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ithuriel

ithuriel Well-Known Member

is it wrong just to live for others when you feel no joy and the world is just too much?

2. ithuriel

the reason i ask is because i do not want to hurt my brother , sister and my best friend but i do not think i want to carry on.
    i think i have enough pills if i want to try.

3. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

I would always recommend thinking, and thinking again,

If it wasn't for my family I would have died along time ago, I dont mean they give me strength, in fact alot of the time they are the cause of my problem but everytime I come close I think of how it will destroy them and I just cant do it.

So if you love and care for them I definatly think it is worth not doing it. I cant imagine the pain it would cause someone.

On another note. What is making you feel like doing this now? Is it a new trigger or an old one? And most importantly have you seeked help?

4. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Personal opinion: Absolutely. It is what I'm doing, though not very well. The only caveat might be what sort of duty you feel you owe these others. In my case I'm married with a child, so my feeling is I owe both of them an absolute duty to stick around, unless my presence would be more burden than help. I think I'm slightly more helpful than burdensome, though not by much.

Personal opinion: I don't think anyone else can decide this part of your post except you, sadly. If you're looking for advice about one particular issue or another that might be a different matter, but phrased the way you've phrased it there's not much I or anyone else can say, I'd think.

5. sorrowstealer

sorrowstealer Member

The way I see it is, if you have/find a reason to live, then life is worth living.

6. ithuriel

i guess all i can do is carry on and hope i do not get worn down to much to the point where i give in to my self destructive feelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.