Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by hammockmonkey, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

If you think you might be an abusive person, should you just kill yourself?
  2. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

Of course not.

You should kill other people. Isnt that what abusive people do?
  3. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

No. Even if you are an abusive person there are people and places (such as this one) that can help you with that. Death is never the answer to a situation.

...That probably sounds really weird coming from a suicidal person...but yeah...listen to my advice. Even if i cant. *hugs*
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No, no one should kill themselves.
  5. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Try looking into why you think you are abusive and look for ways to help yourself...Life is precious and that includes yours.
  6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

'Abusive people' are all individuals with their own history/consciousness and are probably externalising things rather than what I do which is internalise everything...

And it's up to the individual to see whether they want to change their behaviour. Just like any kind of self inflicted harm- some people feel safety sticking to a behaviour, some people want to change- it depends if that individual wants change, if not, then that person is gonna have fucked relationships for the rest of their life and go about externalising things/using people as objects and not being in touch with their feelings because it scares them so much.

And the fact you're asking the question, I 'm not sure if you're referring to yourself, but I want to let you know, there are so many people who will not ever think their behaviour is 'abusive' because it's so 'normal' and they get away with fucking murder with what privileges they have in society or by manipulation until people start exposing what they've done. So if you're asking 'am i an abusive person' that I think, is a sign of honesty and insight.

I've asked that question so many times and worried about it, because I internalised my father and thought I was an awful person. Shows how what chronic abuse can do to someone on the receiving end. I became 'an abuser' by default and was dying through my ED because I thought I was a horrible person..
  7. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

this is a great post.ty
  8. Panos

Panos Well-Known Member

Let me add: or others.
  9. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

No never... but you could perhaps get some help...
  10. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

No one is angel, dosnt mean we all have to kill ourselfs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.