Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ~PinkElephants~, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Wasn't sure this was meant to go here but put it here anyways. Move if needed.

Does anyone use any other music downloader besides Limewire? I have limewire and it was working up until recently. Now it boots up but the signal strength is like nothing. Everything else on my PC works so I'm assuming it's not that and it's something to do with Limewire itself.

Does anyone know how to fix it or does anyone know of any other alternative music downloading software?
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I use Bittorrent clients [muTorrent for me] for all my downloading. It's not quite so easy to use as Limewire, but it's much faster and with much more content... You can find files at Torrent trackers such as
  3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

4. ~PinkElephants~

lol wow do i feel dumb you both just confused the hell outta me :rofl:
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Kelly, I use bearshare, always have done and have never had a problem with it. :biggrin:

It's pretty straight forward too..dunno what they are talking about either ^^^ :laugh:

Yea..I'm dumb too :hiding:
  6. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

try frostwire :)
  7. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Is frostwire safe? limewire always messes up my comp
  8. ~PinkElephants~

Thank you all. For me Lei limewire is just being a bitch. It just doesn't want to work anymore.

Thanks again.
  9. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I usually just do a google blog search for the album I want, find a link for rapidshare or mediafire or whatever and then download it from there. It's way faster I think. But torrents are good as well.
  10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

utorrent is pretty reliable. I tend to use it when downloading whole albums tho. It works fine tho. :biggrin: If your still confused, lemmie know later and i'll talk you through it on skype :laugh:
  11. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

frostwire is a similar P2P programme just like limewire but it's more reliable IMHO. It doesnt matter which programme you use actually. Anything that you download is a risk as there are always people out there who are up to no good. U just hae to learn how to identify the 'manipulated' files as well as to install the anti-spyware/ trojan programmes. A good site to go to is
  12. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

Does the signal strength get stuck on only one bar no matter what?

With limewire shut down you need delete a file called .limewire (the . at the beginning is important) it should be somewhere like C drive, documents and setting folder, your username folder. Or doing a search for it might be easier. .limewire is where all the prefernces are stored so when you boot up limewire again it'll ask you for a few settings, but it's just a matter of clicking the next button basically. That should fix it, it worked for me. Or completely uninstalling and reinstalling should work as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.