Question?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Bambi, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Do I come across as secretive?

I mean we all have issues about opening up but I have given out my name like 3 times, maybe and just don't share personal details (partly because I figure nobody gives a damn).
    You all may not feel that I am your friend but you guys sure are my friends and am starting to feel deceptive a bit.

Any feedback is appreciated....

Hugs, B

2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey..
    i think the anonymity side of the forum is quite important .. for many reasons..
    dont feel like ur being deceptive .. its fine not 2 give out personal details like ur name ect..
    what matters is ur urself in every other way .. and i know u are :hug:
    im glad ur my buddie .. u rock :) x

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I agree with mandy :biggrin:

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey B,
    It's o.k. not to give out to much info about yourself..Some people will take advantage..You have become a friend and have confided in me and I would noway give out your info..Thanks for being there....

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

~echoes mandy's post~

Don't feel guilty about it, anonymity on a forum like this is very important, :hug:

6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

mandy hit the nail on the head i think. dont feel pressured to give out your info. its your life :hug:

7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input everyone.

I am trying to loosen up a bit as I do feel there are a few things I can share. It is mostly related to my job but the argument could be made that whoever came on here would be in the same boat as me and therefore one would hope be respectful.

My real name is very very distinctive so I opted to use the nickname many know me as (hell it is on my rap sheet) - Bambi so I am opening up as you are my "family" so to speak.

I am contemplating sharing what I do for a living but do not see how it would lend help to those here. If I thought that there were those here that felt one's line of work could be limited by depression/mental illness than I would. To show that anything is possible with mental illness and to show that it strikes anyone and everyone I would be willing to share despite my shyness and reservations. Well maybe that day will come but for now...

I hope my instincts continue to serve me well as I have had no problems sharing my name and job to others on here thus far :smile:.

My love to all of you! Bambi aka.....not just yet-hehe

8. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

Anonimity isn't a problem in the slightest, don't worry. There is plenty of stuff that i'd never post on an internet forum (some of it you know). If you don't feel comfortable talking about anything, then you don't need to talk about it, and anyone who would judge you for doing otherwise... well, is probably not the sort of person who is going to be there for you like they should be :smile:

This is about one of a dozen of my internet "personas", user names i use in different places, and i try to keep them distinct, to keep stuff which i don't feel comfortable some people knowing about... and i think with everyone, anonimity is one of the big draws of posting on here, being able to be themselves, and take their own time.