Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by QuadLazer, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuadLazer

QuadLazer Well-Known Member

Does getting completely wasted every weekend and then sometimes randomly during the week really make someone an alcoholic?
  2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

nope. waking up and drinking, cravings, temper problems when craving, they mean you have an alcohol problem. sounds like you binge drink a lot though. i used to, until i wound up in court for wielding a sword in public...

best not to keep it up though. you can damage your mind and relationships from drink, not just your body
  3. QuadLazer

QuadLazer Well-Known Member

I have cravings sometimes, like during the week and then I'll start drinking. I really look forward to whenever I do get drunk though. I wouldn't consider it a problem because honestly I think it's boosted me as far as socially goes, but I wanted other opinions.
  4. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

im a recovering alcoholic. its not good. only reason im still awake is because i want to get drunk. but id settle for being stoned :D
  5. Eyepatch

Eyepatch Member

You are an alcoholic if you have a drinking problem. If you consider your drinking to be a problem in any way then you are alcoholic.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I don't think that makes you an alcoholic. If you use it to avoid feelings and such then it could become a 'problem'. But that doesn't make you an alcoholic I don't think.
    Either way AA can help if you feel it's gotten out of control, you can't say no, and you can't stop :hug:
  7. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

I f you can not stop then yes.Have you tried taking a few weeks off to see if you are really in control?That's how I found out I am an alcoholic.I couldn't do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.