Question

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Godsdrummer, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I havent been posting the daily cafe threads due to a lack of response.

Some folks don't understand them, some folks just for whatever reason dont participate.

So I was thinking of revamping it.

What kind of daily thread would you guys want? What should it be called?

Would you even want a daily thread where the first thing you do when you log into SF is go to the daily thread and say hi.

It was always envisioned as a place to hang out to fill in where all that other stuff misses.

A place where someone could post, WOOHOO I got an A on my final!

Or....crap....I have a headache....

Or.....whatever....

Just a place to talk about your day and hangout.

So....do we go forward, and if so how?

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

*shrug* no easy answer to that. Maybe not a daily thing but a weekly one instead?? I always thought that they were a nice idea -- just, I don't post in them because I dont really post on (or read) the forums anymore -- I just don't have the time that I used to.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

One reason I don't post in them much: depression dominates. So a vague thread where I'm supposed to talk about -something-, only depression comes to mind... But the whole point of the daily threads is to provide refuge from depression. So I don't post.

I do answer some threads that are more specific because they get me thinking about things that aren't depressing, which is again not the point of the daily threads, which are general.

4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Maybe we should keep depression out of the daily threads. Kind of a port in the storm?

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

That's what I mean. The point of them is what keeps me out of them - I often don't have anything not related to depression to say.

6. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Even a better idea. Why hide away in pretend land? The daily threads should be open and honest and about how we feel and what is really going on.

This morning for example, I was really depressed and was getting a tad suicidal again. I even posted something on my facebook page I wish now I hadnt.

7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I think it's still a great idea Bill, to have a daily thread where people can just come in and say whatever, just to say hi to anyone else in there...almost like the chat room...but for those who don't like to go into chat.

So whatever those who still want it would like it to be, then I'd say go for it.

8. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi bill. . long time no see. . : )

i have not been here much (am happy to be here now. . . .) i did like your daily threads, i liked the idea of a 'cafe' on the sidewalk or a port in the storm.
    i still hope you will try to make this catch on. .. (i will make a point to now contribute everyday. you can take that as a promise or a threat lol)
    i think your idea is great, it (to me) is like stopping by your facebook first thing, setting your status, then starting your day.
    this is like a s.f. facebook : )

your idea is terrific, all you need is a few geeks like me :rolleyes:

example ""today i was pissed off cuz i didn't get the job though i interviewed 3 bloody times but maybe i will score tomorrow''' :)

(hugs)

9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I like the daily threads, even though I don't reply to them that often. But since they're in the Coffee House, they do need to be kept on the lighter side.

10. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Bill, I would keep the daily cafe. I normally don't post because I usually log on after 9pm. Maybe to appeal to the young'ins it should be called the Wassup-yo? Cafe.

Err, maybe not. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.