Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

how can someone be body dysmorphic and be a model? Someone please tell me, its confusing me
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

...some people only have one talent they can make money off of.
    With modeling-- once a portfolio is built; or forced upon a person, they are able to get work even without liking anything about themselves.

Being a model doesn't mean you are confident about how you look.

In fact, most models are awkward looking or 'too thin' and get made fun of alot when they are in school- for looking weird.

It's just money. Not a guarantee at a healthy lifestyle.
    Also, once in the business, there are alot of rules to follow and models are constantly emotionally abused, and expected to just 'deal with it' and shut up and take their money.
  3. Kaos General

Im talking about someone who has just got into it, it kinda makes no sense right?
  4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't really know... but if someone showed interest in her as a model and got her work- it still doesn't mean she has to believe that person thinks she's anything other than how she feels about herself.

It's a bit confusing, but I don't know the circumstances; so there's no way to really understand it.
    Maybe modeling will end up helping her gain confidence? It could be a good thing.
  5. Kaos General

im just trying to gain a understanding because i read what someone put on here and then i seen something else they put and it just doesnt make sense at all. Its just odd was all

Anyways hows you?
  6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I don't think it's odd at all, personally. I don't feel confident in my skills as a singer for example. I mean, I know I sound bad XD But I'm at peace with that, I can play piano well. But if I got told I'd get paid a lot of money to sing in front of people, if I could get past the anxiety of it, I still would, even though I had no confidence in it. To say what you're saying is weird, would be to say what I have said, is weird, too, right? At the end of the day people do what they've got to do.
  7. Kaos General

Very true, i dont know a lot about BDD that why i was asking because i have some preconcieved ideas that are totally wrong.

Isnt it funny we are both called wayne and are from london :lol!:
  8. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Haha how odd!!

At the end of it, I don't think it's strange to feel that way and be in modelling though. Look at beethoven? You know he had no confidence in himself at all? Yet he's one of the most famous people you'll never meet.

Sorry about spelling :)
  9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

really it isnt that far fetched. how many people here pretend to be happy put on that all too familiar smiley mask each day to make others see what they need and want to see. but it really isnt what we are. dont we all pretend just to make it through the day?