Question........

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Im just wondering, whats the point of giving advice on here if your going to be labelled as insensitive? Sure theirs the tried and tested diatribe that people tend to stick to on here that sounds like its being read from a script that hardly, if ever, works. It leaves me wondering whats the difference between the advice you get on here and the many thousands of sites available. Sure everyone is so nice to each other on here right? Swap with me, ill show you a whole different side to people on here.

Ive noticed something. This site here seems to be a microcosm shut off for the rest of reality and god help anyone who tries to burst that bubble by injecting some reality into the situation. Some people need to put down their laptops/PC's and just get out into the world. We are becoming a generation of anti-social hypochondriacs.

Heres a massive revelation to everyone else as well, when people sit there and say CPN's and psychiatrists are assholes because they dont listen there seems to be a recurring theme. Is it genuinely because they are or as i strongly suspect, you just dont wanna listen to what they have to say. I will say this just because you have access to the internet doesn't mean your qualified to do anything. People who self diagnose IMHO need their laptop taking away from them. When you have been qualified after x amount of years then maybe you can make an informed choice instead of deciding you meet the criteria of whatever disorder is being labelled as cool at the time.

People also have the common misconception that im always angry. This is the internet, its not real life. If people actually bothered to get to know me they would know what i type on here is just me being heavily aware of the fact half my posts will be edited so by and large i keep what i have to say as tame. Wanna know the real me add me on facebook and you will be shocked.

Oh and another thing, people who assume that im a thug and am stupid generally tend to eat those words.

Thats all for now

2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Amen to that - people have the letters after their name for a reason. I don't doubt that there are shoddy therapists/counsellors/psychologists/doctors out there, but the automated responses when you hear something that a patient didn't like - are getting silly.

Again Wayne, can't comment on the rest of the site - particularly because the 'insensitive' comments had been labelled as such by the time I read the thread...