Questioning Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is love?

Those four little letters,
Which hold such a huge meaning.

Compassionate, caring, passionate, tender, kinship, sexual, affection, attachment and infatuation.

It can be given to us,
And held from us.

It can be offered sincerely,
Or as a threat.

Why do we seek it?

We are pre-conditioned to reach for it,
In whatever form it is offered.

We want it – good or bad.

Whether it’s misrepresented,
Or whether it’s given without ulterior motives.

But, sadly, isn’t that a rare occurrence?

What has made us cynical and so scared,
To avoid the intense emotional attachments?

Is it possible to feel a high level of desire, attraction and connection and have it not classified as love?

Can we experience something so immediate and profound that it leaves us questioning all?

Why does this scare us so?

Are we trying to avoid the anticipated pain?

But isn’t living without it painful enough?

So which choice is ultimately better?

Don't want to feel the pain anymore.

Any of it.

Rejection, thus dejection.

What is the point?

The choices we have made have led us down this path.

Of hurt, true soul-busting hurt.

I cannot do this.

I cannot be led to have those feelings and then feel this way.

I cannot handle my life at this time.

But a ray of sunshine had entered, now to be squashed.

Back at the beginning, questioning all.

doityourself

Im sorry Mo that things are so hard now, alot of questions deep down huh.

Take a deep breathe, take your time in find the answers, reach way down inside of you for those anwsers your looking for.

:hugtackles:

Love is false
It is all made up so people can feel that they can explain away their feelings of inadequacies.
Love is fake.
It is used to government, religion and political advantage.
Love is nothing.

Prof. Bruttenholm

I won't argue - but I disagree somewhat..

We are social beings for the most part; we seek out companionship and a sense of belonging. Love can mean many different things to many people.

Experiencing love (for another or receiving love from another or being in love) can be a pleasant and enjoyable thing. Its where that love comes from - a good place or a bad place - that I question. Is it given or accepted sincerely? And when we do open ourselves to it, does it always end in grief and pain?

So my question was - is it better to experience that pain (of either sincere or insincere love) or experience the anguish of having never felt love?

Take care.

Prof. Bruttenholm

I won't argue - but I disagree somewhat..

We are social beings for the most part; we seek out companionship and a sense of belonging. Love can mean many different things to many people.

Experiencing love (for another or receiving love from another or being in love) can be a pleasant and enjoyable thing. Its where that love comes from - a good place or a bad place - that I question. Is it given or accepted sincerely? And when we do open ourselves to it, does it always end in grief and pain?

So my question was - is it better to experience that pain (of either sincere or insincere love) or experience the anguish of having never felt love?

Take care.
You say you won't argue yet you raise a point of opposition, therefore, an argument.

Love isn't real.
Only fear.

That sense of jubilation is merely a chemical reaction in the brain, it's the belief that the fear of being alone is no longer existent, but yet, there are hundreds of more fears, the fear of losing your partner, so you get married, hoping that bond of false religious deities and government paper work will mean more, then the fear of leaving nothing behind of true value, so you have children, then more and more fears come up and you simply live your life around those fears, trying to satisfy their hunger and yet for every fear you feed, ten more grow in it's place.
Fear is the only true emotion.

nolonger

is it better to experience that pain (of either sincere or insincere love) or experience the anguish of having never felt love?
It would be nice to experience love, but hey, shit - in this case - doesn't always happen.

Fairly sure love's a load of crap. Like everything else others have told us throughout our lives. It's like the carrot infront of the donkey. Maybe you can see it, but you won't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00