1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions 14 july

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by AliceinWonderlannd, Jul 14, 2018 at 3:50 AM.

1. 3.To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?

4. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?

5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?

2. And to answer also the questions:
    3.To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?
    Fate is a big word..i like to belive i make my destiny, this give me more liberty...fate is more romantic belive. Future can take so many directions that is hard to belive we all have one prestabilited. Maybe it is like this : your fate is to write a book, or sing, or have 10 kids..and than..how tou end up there is by uour own choices. I dont know, this question is pretty confusing..i like a little bit the idea of fate but i dont belive it is .
    4. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
    I am mostly sure that nurture plays the huge role in our development. No matter how you are born, the environment shapes you. If you have proper condition you develop to almost full capacity..and if not you risk to grow up disfunctional...like most of us...

5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
    I strongly belive that if you really really have to do a thing right, you can not make it wrong. The definition of doing the right thing for me involves automaticly no harm to the others and a thing done right. Of course, it can not always be .
    I tend too much not to choose an answer..choose is too hard
    I say do the things right..i like justice and i see it similar to it

3. AsphyxiateOnWords

AsphyxiateOnWords Eρεβος/Νύξ

3. I don't believe in fate. But having said that, not everything is totally under our control as far as how our lives turn out. We can influence other people and our environment, but only to a certain extent. So if you want to put it in terms of percentages, I would say about 75-80% of it is the decisions we make for ourselves, and 20-25% is the decisions others make that are beyond our control.

4. I think, for the most part, you can be predisposed to behaving a certain way due to "nature," while "nurture" is what determines whether you actually will end up behaving that way or not.

5. I think what is "right" is a matter that's entirely subjective. So I can't answer this question in regard to people as a whole. And if I were to answer it in terms of a specific person, I would want to know what it is that they consider to be "right" first and foremost.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 11:48 AM
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

3. I think it's a mixture of both. Hard to explain I guess. Some things seem to be predetermined.

4. Again, a bit of both.

5. Doing things right, because people may not always agree that you are doing the right thing, but it may be right for you.

AsphyxiateOnWords likes this.