Questions about getting help

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by SoTired, May 31, 2016.

1. SoTired

SoTired Well-Known Member

So, let me start by saying thanks to lots of people here, you guys have made it so that at the very least I don't feel so alone.

But I have some questions, and I don't know if this is the right place for them, so please move this or send me a PM so I know if this was wrong.

Where to start looking for help? I don't even know where to begin. I don't know if I need to be inpatient, but I know that I frequently have suicidal ideation, and have (more than once) had full plans and been ready to go. I know I need help, I just don't know how to say those words (or who to)

I guess at least for now that's it (I thought I had more). I guess I'm just scared right now, my anxiety is getting in the way of even wanting to get help.

Anyways, thank you.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Do you have a family doctor?

3. SoTired

Nope. No real doctors for now. I was seeing a therapist, but that was at school, and with school out for now they're not accessible. I think that scares me more, because I feel like I have no safety net, and a lot of the time I'm scared of everything.

4. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey Sotired, if you feel in crisis situation, with suicidal thoughts there should be a hotline in your area, or go to an emergency room. They will assess you there and probably give you access to help in your area.
    Brian

5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Can you ask the school one for a list of community resources? Maybe try a google search.

Brian777 likes this.
  6. SoTired

I can try. My biggest problem is getting past the anxiety long enough to do something. I can talk about this, but the thought of taking the step of "I need help" is making me shake. But I can try and look on Google. School is college, so I'm not anywhere near campus to even talk to people.

Brian777 likes this.
  7. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Google sounds like the best idea, even a social worker of crisis line should be able to direct you to places that will help. Anxiety can be overwhelming, if you could get to see a doctor, they could maybe give you something to help for when it's this bad. Hope it all works out and good luck
    Brian