Questions to ask before any commitment.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by boo, Jan 29, 2010.

1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

What questions should one ask before any commitment? That includes marriage.

I'll start :

Are you happy with the way you and your partner are? Remember, you can't change each other. It will make a person unhappy if you try to change certain behaviors within she or he. It will often cause resentment if you try to change each other. Make sure that you are happy with the person and don't want to change anything about each other.

Do you and your partner don't make enough money to support each other? If you have to borrow money constantly just to pay the bills each month then you probably shouldn't get married yet.

Are you dating someone just for showing off?

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

If I piss you off/fuck up are you going to hear me out and forgive me cuz I am bound to do something wrong?

Seriously in my mind for commitment conflict resolution is vital.

3. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Do you trust them? If you can't let your partner have friends of the opposite sex and be around them without you, its probably just going to cause arguments later on and you'll both be unhappy.

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Are both of us committed? What is commitment?

5. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

Are you marrying me so that you can get my life insurance policy and will just in case I die?

6. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Do you love eachother? Are you willing to spend the rest of your life with just this person, having no other lovers for the duration of your life together? Can you see yourself still with this person in ten, twenty, even thirty years time? Do you genuinely enjoy eachothers company?