questions

sadsong

Staff Alumni
is it possible for meds that have previously worked to stop working? I'm being a bit of a chicken in seeing my doc. I'm on effexor (venlafaxine). I don't know if i'm just getting worse, or if they've stopped working and maybe i should find new ones? but i really don't want the withdrawal symptoms.

another question (and i'm feeling quite embarrassed asking this :unsure: ) have people, either on effexor or not, found that meds affect their sex drive? My sex drive is practically zero and it's beginning to affect my relationship.

Lizzy.

Ignored

Staff Alumni
Well I suppose the effect is the same whether you're getting worse or the drugs have stopped working... you really should see your doc to sort it out cos you obviously need meds looked at. As regards the sex drive thing, sorry can't help... I've been off the road for quite some time so have no idea if effexor have made a difference. :rolleyes:
Sarah :hug:

. In clinical studies, the most common side effects with EFFEXOR XR (reported in at least 10% of patients and at least twice as often as with placebo) were constipation, dizziness, dry mouth, insomnia, loss of appetite, nausea, nervousness, sexual side effects, sleepiness, sweating, and weakness. Ask your doctor if EFFEXOR XR is right for you.
Pulled that quote straight off a website, first google search for Effexor, theres some other things you might wanna look at.

And yes, sometimes medications stop working if your body builds a tolerance to it, so that may be a problem.

Hope this helps.

One Who Listens..

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00