Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Itsme:), May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itsme:)

Itsme:) Well-Known Member

What questions would help you to find it easier to talk about your suicidal feelings?
    I want to help my friend talk about how she feels, but its proving difficult (i don't want to pressure her but i can't turn a blind eye)
    So I was thinking of setting her up a tumblr account (if you don't have/know it it is a kind of blog and people can ask you questions) and putting questions in her ask box to help her gradually get her feelings out
    I don't want to put things such as 'why do you feel suicidal?' because its too big of a question so i need ways to break it down

All help appreciated x

It also allows her to answer them whenever she wants and feels she can in the order she feels most comfortable with x
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  2. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

i like the idea, you obviously understand her :)

try reverse tactics such as asking what she enjoys in life, thus finding out what she dosnt like.

then try and work on why the hates those things she dosnt enjoy so much and why they make her so sad...

just an idea
    hugs to you both
  3. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

for me its not about questions so much as being noticed
    if shes self harming by blade tell her she doesnt have to cover it up from you and whens shes ready to talk about it be there to listen

as for the pills thats harder because you cant see the damage shes doing it in hope of not waking up and thats more professional help theres something troubling her and until she lets it out this may be a problem

i think the tumbler account is a great idea,its so much easier to write things down as you go

your doing ok by her, your doing the right things by putting it out there and asking advice
  4. ask her is she feeling blue..? What is troubling her..? Your choice of words is important.. give her a mood scale and ask her to rate it..
  5. sarah2501

sarah2501 Member

Ask her about hypothetical senarios and ask what her real immediate reaction is and then why
    This might work more if you have general ideas about what might be troubling her.

As an example You've been invited to a friends party and want her to come along.
    If she had self image or social anxiety issues it might be a initial reaction of horror even if her verbal response is normally "love to" - it might then enable her to talk about the reasons behind.

Dunno might be a bad idea and not work
  6. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

when I was working at a summer camp we did highs and the best part of my day was the worst part was....maybe that'll help since shell have to relive the good and the bad instead of focusing on only the bad...with depression it's hard to see the good, but focusing only on the bad usually doesn't help a lot either....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.