Quetiapine 50mg 1x daily

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Lorax, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

So i got the above medication today. Once daily, i've never taken before. It's for mood stability.

Also to help me rest at nites. Has any one taken this? What major effects might i look for? I know watch suicidal feelings.

If you've tried, has it worked? Or any weird side effects? I hate taking daily meds. They historically lead to severe depression. So here's hoping.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Everyone reacts differently hun ok so asking how it effected others does not mean it will affect you the same way That being said i have taken the medication and it help me with anxiety and help me sleep better in evening Yours is a small dosage so it will not have the same side effects as someone on the very large dose of it
  3. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

I was on that for 2 years, 400mg daily, but I took it for psychosis. It was very helpful, and it did help my mood as well. The only side effect I noticed was weight gain.
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

I take 25mg of same med at bedtime along with 2mg of haldol.. The med's other name is seroquel..you taking a small dose which says some.. I take it cause without both of these I go psychotic.. Really get to out to lunch full time..

Suggest you google.com and then read wikopedia's info on the med.. Further questions to your doctor..also takes a couple of week's use for your body and mind to get full picture of what is going to do for you..

Also suffer from severe depression naturally and take mirtazapine and trazodone for that.. All my meds taken as prescribed help me a lot..