Quick Question

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TheOncomingStorm, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Ok.. I'm 16, from the UK and totally pissed off right now. My proper psychiatrist is off ill so i have a locum one. The Locum one booked an appointment with my mom alone, and my mom wont tell me what was said in it and it has me really paranoid. Yet when I have appointments with a mental health nurse, my mom rings up and asks whats happened in the session, and gets told!

Can i tell them that i dont want him seeing my mom alone (or at all!) as its just totally screw me over? and will they actually listen?

If not, i'm just gonna refuse treatment at all.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOur pdoc is not allowed to talk to your mom about you it is against pt confidentiality He cannot do that without your permission I would definetly bring this up with him and your mother I don't blame you for being pissed off
    Their is a rule of trust as well he is not allowed to this Make it clear to him that this should not happen again. If it does change pdoc okay. I was not allowed any information abt my daughter and rightly so she deserves her privacy. hugs to you

3. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Aww :hug:

I don't blame you for being pissed off, I would be to, you can "Complain" About the mental health sector to the original oganiser who would do something as they tend to do whats best for that person. The only time they would tell your parents is when they are really worried about you, but may wish to keep it confidential :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.