Quit my job without thinking

Caleb4BLUE....

In 2016 I had retired from a previous job after 26 years with a small pension and no health insurance. I had left because the stress was getting to much to handle.

I was not prepared for doing that and my physical and mental health declined significantly. My relationship with my wife declined as well as I had felt that I had supported her through her illness which has left her disabled. I felt she did not take my feelings as valid and I still feel that way.

I struggled to go back to work and got a job in 2016. I started feeling the same way I did at the job that I left.
I had promised myself if I did then I would leave. Yet I had to have medical insurance so I continued to suffer in silence. My employer then started counseling me that it was failing to meet job performance goals. I saw the writing on the wall and walked out.

I am now on the downward spiral to depression and anxiety. Sleeping does not come easy. I have been taking Lexapro to try and help yet now with no insurance I cannot see a doctor for follow up.

Life really does suck
Hey brother I'm 21 and currently not working because of my depression personally I can relate alot maybe not to the full extent but a lot, I quit my full time job last year because I felt my depression coming back and quit in hopes of getting better but it didn't, ever since then tbh I've been struggling financially not being able to help my self and my parents with bills and stuff, a couple of days ago the same job called to see if I was available but I made up a lie and said I was busy in fear and anxiety I'm gonna give them a call this week to see if I can come back hopefully all goes well and u too brother trully sorry for everything I wish I can help tbh but for now all I can give u is my hope love and energy 💯💙💪 please update us on what happens

mpk

I am doing okay. The job is in a state of flux right now as they are changing the duties. I am not sure if I will be able to do it. So what I have been doing is looking for work before I am let go because they have figured out the position is not needed or I resign. Still tough with the daily depression but I cope.

Iusedtobehappy

Thinking of canceling my unemployment claim as I have been reading what is required. Very stressful to deal with it, they want 5 job contacts a week and I am not sure if I can do it. I get really down when I look at for work. I only have until next Monday to cancel the ucb. Life really sucks at this moment.
when I was on unemployment I did not have to do five interviews a week, only submit five applications. I did it online through job sites like monster and indeed and that satisfy the requirement. I basically wrote a generic cover letter and just copy pasted that and my resume onto every application. I couldn't face writing a separate cover letter on every application because it felt like I was overwhelmed doing that. Copy paste was my friend

mpk

Well I am still here. I have been in the new job for 6 months now. It has gotten more stressful the last 2 1/2 weeks as the changed my job description. I have been working OT which is not good for my mental health so I have started leaving when I am supposed too. I am trying to stick it out but it is tough as I still am hard on myself when things go wrong even though a majority of the time it is not my fault.

Hey MPK, it's good to hear from you.

It's too bad they are pushing you to do OT and have changed the job description.

Do you want to say more about the job?

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Sending you positive thoughts and hope that the OT doesn't become too excessive...sending you hugs.

mpk

The job is basically an administrative support person for a major hardware chain. It is not really what I want to do but I have to save money as my wife wants a divorce. Of courts this is causing more stress.

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeatherâ„¢
SF Supporter
The job is basically an administrative support person for a major hardware chain. It is not really what I want to do but I have to save money as my wife wants a divorce. Of courts this is causing more stress.
Sorry to hear about the divorce...what a disposable fucking society we live in. Marriage is one big crap shoot anymore. Obviously there are dangerous situations where divorce is absolutely warranted, but I think it has become too "easy" of an out, a card that is too easily played as soon as the marriage encounters some bumps. Most couples don't want to put in the work...that's what seems to be the case to me, anyhow...

I'm glad to hear about the job, I hope the difficulties you've been having find a positive resolution..

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Sorry to hear of the impending divorce and the added stress that brings along. That really sucks.

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Just thought would check in to see how you were doing...so sorry to hear about the divorce as can only imagine how difficult that is on top of the stresses with your job. Hope that you get some time this weekend just to decompress a bit. Sending you hugs.

mpk

Hello everyone. I am doing as well as can be expected. I went to a movie yesterday trying to keep my mind from wandering which helped a little. I then went out and had dinner. I then watched some 3 stooges again trying to laugh and keep my mind off things. Early mornings are the worse when it is dark and quiet.
One positive of the job is it gets me out of the house during this stressful time. I don't really care for the work but it does keep me occupied. Unfortunately I have to deal with it as I will need the income to survive on my own.

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
So glad to hear that you went to a movie, watched the 3 stooges and treated yourself to dinner out. I can relate to the feelings about early mornings...as for me is a mix of worry and also hope for the possibilities of the day if that makes any sense...sending you peaceful thoughts for your Sunday....and hugs...

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
I can relate to that because at times though surrounded by people still feel incredibly lonely at times. I wondered if you had any interests that maybe you could pursue by volunteering as though it has been awhile since I volunteered at the horse therapy camp between having a class and a new job and then a fractured finger I am looking forward to starting that up again soon as it gets me outside of my head a bit by being immersed in helping the students and caring for the horses (e.g. mucking their pens). Sending you peaceful thoughts and hugs.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00