quit smoking buddy

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by poisonedresistance, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Ok so i quit smoking 6 years ago, then last year in amsterdam i had a few naughty smokes that were mixed, it ignited the cravings and now ive nearly been smoking a whole again. proper need to quit :S any help or advice would be excellent. last time i went cold turkey and although it was hard just the thought of it this time is driving me mad, its like im using as a crutch at the moment for my emotional issues.
    anyone else planning on quitting? or recently tried,, i dunno jsut think it might be easier if i wasnt alone. haven't stopped yet but will be wanting to do very soon xx
  2. Stripe

Stripe Well-Known Member

I am probably not the buddy your looking for since its been 11 months since I quit and the cravings are 99% gone. But, one thing I did for inspiration was find something I really wanted (an expensive watch) and I worked out how much money I needed to save from not smoking to buy it.

9 weeks and 5 days later I had saved enough cigarette money to buy the watch.

Anyway, Good Luck. You quit once so you already know you can do it again.
  3. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

yerh i like that idea, im actually wanting a new can for my bike currently it has a nexus on it but id prefer a micron as its a zzr600 and the micron would be better suited to the carbs and the 4-2-1 system,, so might be an idea :D:D thanks xx
  4. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

So you are saying the little session in my fav destination, Amsterdam, reignited your craving for nicotine?

Or are we talking about smoking more than just the tobacco?

Like - you want to quit both?

Er, that's me gone then!

Love to help - but I might be an enabler - the worse sort who offers a smoke with one hand - and a follow up condemnation for taking it!

I kid you really.

I did actually just smoke 'special things' and not cigarettes. Work done it for me - pushed me back to the smokes. I had a job in which I could turn up at 8.00am or 8.00pm - and just hang about with the lads - work for an hour (8 hours work into one ) and then its just a load of men chatting for hours - smokes, tea, smokes, tea, smoke, smoke, smoke.

And of course - alcohol! That begs the smokes to be friends.

Good luck regardless - I would stop buying drugs if I met the right person. Marry a dealer - lol.

No. I'm not that messed up actually - just having fun, but being serious also.
  5. myalias22

myalias22 New Member

So im not sure what you're referring to either.

But i quit smoking ciggs for a complete year (after starting to smoke at 14). what helped me was replacing it with lollipops in my car (since i smoked the most while driving) so instead of smoking i sucked on a dum dum.

The Dum Dum thing lasted for about 3 months then i started smoking the green instead. out of a little duggy (for those of you who dont know, a dug out is a case where you can store greenery plus a little metal ciggarette looking pipe, when packed with green, it provides a TINY hit and is great.)

Since i dont smoke green often or a lot, it gave me the smoking sensation and i was able to quit cigarettes for a complete year!

then i went over seas to asia where ciggarettes were a dollar a pack
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.