Quite frankly, it's NOYB.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by HarleyTwin, Dec 16, 2013.

1. HarleyTwin

HarleyTwin Staff Alumni

I'm sorry things got hijacked with something off-topic. It was a passing comment and a question was asked that it would have been rude not to answer. Things kinda spiralled from there unintentionally.

Still, why do I get the feeling like I'm being attacked, or judged about my private life - which none of you barely know? I don't like feeling attacked, and I sure as hell hate being put into a position where I need to defend myself, and people I care about. I'm not going to give you a play-by-play of over a decade of my life and relationship just because you don't understand things from my/our point of view. I have never judged any of you on a SINGLE thing you have said, I've never pried into your lives like some gossip magazine looking for the great story. So why is it different with me? Because I'm the youngest among you and therefore you think I'm naive, gullible or stupid?

Newsflash: I'm none of them.

Or worse - you're behaving like my family and I'm starting to get "those" vibes that you're talking about my mental state behind my back - and you don't even *know* me.

So you guys may be older than me, you may have had a few more experiences than me in a couple of departments - but it sure as hell doesn't equal more life experience! You held your children for a few more years than I did, you've been through a wedding or two and I haven't. You've had a few more menstrual cycles and sexual encounters than I have. Other than that, I'm just as damned experienced with the bullshit life has as much as you do! I don't appreciate being treated like a child in your eyes when I came to you as a friend.

I'm sorry I hijacked the conversation, I didn't mean to at all. But I also didn't like having to hijack it because someone took a passing comment and turned it into an interrogation of my private life in such a way that I needed to defend myself and my partner.

Seriously? You're adults. You're apparently older than me and I'm the "baby" of the group. So why are you acting like high school nosey bitches all of a sudden. I have never done anything to any of you to deserve the treatment you just gave to me tonight. Ever. I would never do the kind of crap you just did to me tonight. I'm a hell of a lot more mature than that.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I don't know what's happened, but hope you are okay and here if you need to talk.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

As Butterfly said, I don't know what happened either, but here if you feel like talking.

4. wyngedbyste

wyngedbyste Well-Known Member

Does it really matter what a bunch of strangers online think of you? Seriously?

Byste

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know much about what happens in chat, since I never really go in there, but I'm sorry that you were unfairly judged. I don't know how close you are to those people, but it hurts more when you consider them friends. I've been called every name in the book by people I thought were real friends, and mostly it was completely out of the blue. It feels like a punch in the gut each time it happens, so I can understand why you're upset. Maybe you can try to avoid chat/avoid those people and hopefully things will start to look up for you soon.

6. DarkLordVader

DarkLordVader Well-Known Member

your not the only one being judged in chat, i get those vibes when i speak from the heart and i dont understand why? could be human nature maybe?

7. HarleyTwin

HarleyTwin Staff Alumni

I should clear up immediately, that none of this was written about chat, or anyone else at SF. It was to a group of people I know - I just couldn't say it to them personally.

Just didn't want anyone thinking this was anything to do with anyone at SF. Really it's not. :) I would never *ever* say such things about people at SF. I've absolutely no reason to.