Quitting coke...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Carcinogen, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any distraction techniques I could use? I desperately need some coke but can't afford it and no-one here will deal to me, and I can't really cope. I tried getting drunk but all that did was get me in deep shit at college, and I tried snorting pro-plus. :blink:

So...Any ideas?!!

Withdrawal is killing me! :nerves:

2. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Shit...

Try staying busy, constantly do something that you like to do-but not something that you enjoyed more when you were high-don't remind yourself about the drug in any way. At this point you are going to have to rely on pure willpower to get through this, I'm afraid... unless...

Question: Did the coke make you hyper or give you energy at all?

3. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I go through similar things myself. It's horrible. I go from being on top of the world to contemplating topping myself.

4. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Go to NA maybe, usually they have a twelve step or "Friends of Bill W." meeting held on college campuses...bonus for you if you smoke and drink lots of coffee, as that is usually their pastime.

What to avoid is being alone feeling like you'd feel better with it in your system. I don't know, I'm lucky enough to be one of the ones who doesn't respond to cocaine and so I don't use it. Lots of friends of mine used to/currently use it. Most of them just switch to something milder, i.e. pot, drinking, taking prescription pills (xanax, other benzos for anxiety). Easier to quit for some people, the hard part is not starting again because with the blow once you do one good line you've gotta have more, plus the comedown sucks. Don't mean to be a pessimist but fiending for stimulants is a bad place to be in. Get to the root of what you like about how it makes you feel and then see how that's hollow. I guess.

5. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Kinda. It's really more of a rushy feeling, but I have to do a ridiculous amount to get the same effect as when I started.

Btw, thanks to you all for trying to help :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.