Quitting my job...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LenaLunacy, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Basically, i wasn't in this week at all, so Darren picked up the paperwork from my locker and gave it to me today when he took me shopping. I had a letter saying that as i hadn't been in all last week or let them know where i was i was in breach of my contract (i don't have one!) and that a disciplinary meeting would be held yesterday at 4pm. Which obviously i missed as i didn't get it till today. Well it's complete bullshit cos i rang in last wednesday cos my sister was taken into hospital, i was in on halloween, last friday, and saturday i had the day officially booked off. So i'm really pissed off. I can't take it there anymore.
    I'm gonna go in tomorrow, try and clear my name. If it works great, i'm still quitting. If i can't clear my name, sod it i quit.
  2. ilovewoodchuck

ilovewoodchuck Active Member

That's awful! It's sickening that corporate entities treat people as objects, not as people with feelings. I am lucky with my job. I just started about 2 wks ago, and I told them I was taking 2 wks minimum to deal with the death of my mother. There have been many jobs that allow 1-2 greiving days in the initial employment contract. I'm so sorry :(
  3. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

It's a sick world and people are trafficked like cattle. Funny how they always call it the 'human resources' department.
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hey Lena let me know how you get on.:hug:
  5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Well i quit. Walked into the deputy managers office, said 'i'm quitting. this letter explains why.' Handed over my letter, uniform, and key. Got told i had to come back tomorrow to get my five pound deposit on my locker back. And that that was that. I am now, officially jobless.
  6. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

These bastards don't realise the devastating effects treating someone like this can have on THEM.

How many people come into work every year and simply SHOOT their managers dead (I'm not saying do this, I'm just making a point)? The hurt that they can cause people can quickly turn to rage.

Just hope to God they get someone in with anger problems, do the same to them and get a big fat slap on the face!

The manager who fired me got her comeuppance. She bought her house RIGHT before this terrible credit crunch! It's not worth nearly as much as what she paid for it and guess what? Her boyfriend is a banker who lost his job. I know it's horrible to laugh at someone's misfortune but by God, once someone has fired you after bullying you for no reason....it really brings out the sadist in you.
  7. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

If you know where she lives, keep an eye out for a "for sale" board. And go on a viewing :tongue:
  8. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

LMAO can you imagine haha she'll be sorry she sacked me, I might give that a try :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.