Quotes n Phrases....

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by xXxRNBxXx, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

I just thought i would start a thread where people can post quotes or phrases they like or have heard....

I'm tired of trying
    I'm tired of crying
    I know i've been smiling
    But inside i'm dying.....

You asked what was wrong
    I smiled and said Nothing
    Then I turned around and
    Wispered Everything....​

2. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

For me being depressed means you can spend all day in bed, and still not get a good night’s rest.

3. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

You know it ain't easy
    For these thoughts here to leave me
    There's no words to describe it
    In French or in English
    Well, diamonds they fade
    And flowers they bloom
    And I'm telling you
    These feelings won't go away
    They've been knockin' me sideways
    They've been knockin' me out lately
    Whenever you come around me
    These feelings won't go away
    They've been knockin' me sideways
    I keep thinking in a moment that
    Time will take them away
    But these feelings won't go away.

4. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

I've been down so long it looks like up to me...

5. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

"Relationships don't work they way they do on television and in the movies. Will they? Won't they? And then they finally do, and they're happy forever.
    Gimme a break. Nine out of ten of them end because they weren't right for each other to begin with, and half of the ones who get married get divorced anyway, and I'm telling you right now, through all this stuff I have not become a cynic. I haven't.
    Yes, I do happen to believe that love is mainly about pushing chocolate covered candies and, y'know, in some cultures, a chicken. You can call me a sucker, I don't care, because I do believe in it.

Bottom line: it's couples who are truly right for each other wade through the same crap as everybody else, but the big difference is they don't let it take them down. One of those two people will stand up and fight for that relationship every time. If it's right, and they're real lucky, one of them will say something."

6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it is called 'the present'."

7. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

The day I swan around in expensive suits is the day I wish someone puts a bullet in my head. Chris Carter

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Einstein

Momma never loved her much
    Dadddy never keeps in touch
    That's why she shyes away from human affection. Savage garden

It's gettin' dark, too dark to see
    I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door. Bob Dylan

My sig!!!

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

"Did you know that urine is sterile? you can drink it" - Brad Pitt in fight club

9. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

my heart is like a golden chain...
    it links us both together...
    If you ever break that chain...
    You'd break my heart forever...

10. boo

boo Well-Known Member

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!/ For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."
    - William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"
    - William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

11. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Most of my favorites quotes come from the 18th century upper classes, it seems the age of enlightment made people talk really witty. A few examples:

"I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse" - King Charles V of France

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what have for lunch" - Benjamim Franklin

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy." Thomas Jefferson

"I see that you have made three spelling mistakes." Thomas de Mahy, upon reading his death sentence

"We're in a war dammit! We have to offend someone!" - John Adams

And my favorite:

"Men dodging single bullets? What if they opened fire along the whole line?! I'm ashamed of you all!! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-" John Sedgewick, just before being killed by a bullet

And one from myself:

There are more axes in metal than in a lumberjack convention (axe is a slang term for a guitar)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.