Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tana

"What happened to us?"

"The same thing that always happens. You didn't know me. Then you fell in love with me. And now you know me." Bojack
Something similar to the one I'll type was way too real, lol;

"Stupid piece of shit, you're a stupid piece of shit. But at least I know I'm a piece of shit, that makes me better than all the other pieces of shit, that don't know they're pieces of shit. Oh, so now you think you're better than everyone else?" (XD).

Seriously though, this show got pretty deep many times and has many clever moments. The ones left for some interpretation (at least for a while) are my favourite though.

Tana

Okay, quote section but, just got reminded of that poem in this cartoon. "View from halfway down" and wanted to share. It's incredibly done.
If someone's confused by the video, I assumed it's a psych moment in before/near-death experience for that other character. However, the one telling the poem committed suicide by (a certain method, you'll get it).

Tana

Just checked something and saw this quote;

“See, people don’t understand. Let’s say my car breaks down. I have three choices: Get it fixed, get a new one, or I could just kill myself. I know, doesn’t that sound absurd? But that thought actually pops into my head… It’s always on the menu.”

It's kind of funny. XD And kind of true.

bag_of_struggles

Just checked something and saw this quote;

“See, people don’t understand. Let’s say my car breaks down. I have three choices: Get it fixed, get a new one, or I could just kill myself. I know, doesn’t that sound absurd? But that thought actually pops into my head… It’s always on the menu.”

It's kind of funny. XD And kind of true.
lol it's always on the menu!

Tana

So, maybe some of you can also relate to this quote my social worker threw at me after complaining about how difficult I am, and that she sees no reason to even allow me to be on welfare anymore, since I'm not budging;

"I feel like I'm speaking to an empty audience and waiting for someone to clap."

...That's how hopeless I am. XD
Well, I did say "sorry", but she was like, "No, don't apologize but I really need to get this off my chest. You're a pain to work with." - Pretty much... damn. XD

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'll just put the ones that I have on my profile and that used to be in my signature at some point. :) My favourite is number 4.
  1. Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.
  2. Demon, angel, all the same thing if you go back far enough, or cut deep enough.
  3. When people didn't find any defect in a rose, they said it was just too red.
  4. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.
  5. The flower doesn't sit and dream of the bee. It blossoms and the bee comes.
  6. Who possesses your time also possesses your mind.
  7. If you aren't happy by yourself, you'll never be happy with someone else.
  8. The truth has nothing to fear from investigation.

bag_of_struggles

Take bread away from me, if you wish,
take air away, but
do not take from me your laughter.

Do not take away the rose,
the lance flower that you pluck,
the water that suddenly
bursts forth in joy,
the sudden wave
of silver born in you.

My struggle is harsh and I come back
with eyes tired
at times from having seen
the unchanging earth,
but when your laughter enters
it rises to the sky seeking me
and it opens for me all
the doors of life.

Laugh at the night,
at the day, at the moon,
laugh at the twisted
streets of the island,
laugh at this clumsy
boy who loves you,
but when I open
my eyes and close them,
when my steps go,
when my steps return,
deny me bread, air,
light, spring,
but never your laughter
for I would die.

Pablo Neruda - Laughter (parts of the poem, but the whole thing is good)

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
“After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.” Spock, Star Trek TOS Amok Time.

Strangely I have found that to be true. Often the looking forward to having something and the expectation IS more more fulfilling.

bag_of_struggles

“After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.” Spock, Star Trek TOS Amok Time.

Strangely I have found that to be true. Often the looking forward to having something and the expectation IS more more fulfilling.
It’s extremely true. That’s why so many billionaires find themselves unhappy. They want for nothing. It’s said once you meet the baseline for human well-being (access to food, shelter, water, friends) that any monetary income or other material items are just excess.

bag_of_struggles

“And if the night is burning down down I will cover my eyes. For if the dark returns my brothers will die. And as the sky’s falling downs and crashing to this lonely town, and with that shadow upon the ground, I hear my people screaming now. I see fire.” I See Fire - Ed Sheeran

“I’ll remain forever royal!” -Barbie
“I’ll repay my parent’s debt.” - Erika
“Chosing may doing the things your heart may well regret.” -Both

Princess and the Pauper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00