Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
H: “‘Orpehous was poor boy, but he had a gift to give. He could make you seen how the world could be. In spite of the way that it is. And Eurydice was a young girl. But she’d seen how the world was. And when she fell, she fell in spit of herself. In love with Orphious.’
E: ‘I was alone so alone. I didn’t even know I was lonely.’
‘All I’ve ever know is how to hold my own. But now I wanna hold you.’”

All I’ve Ever Known

Don't trust what people say, trust what they do, in my case mostly it was negative. Plus it is from a movie I like but the is not for most folks. It gets weird at times.
I love weird movies.

but I do get behind that sentiment. All I want it I be accepted by those around me

but actions are louder than words. I’ve had so many people spin stories for me my life and they’ve turned out to be awful. I have been trying to be more ‘precautious‘ theses days

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I love weird movies.

but I do get behind that sentiment. All I want it I be accepted by those around me

but actions are louder than words. I’ve had so many people spin stories for me my life and they’ve turned out to be awful. I have been trying to be more ‘precautious‘ theses days
With me it has always been not that I want to be accepted but not to be the only person rejected, ostracized, excluded. I fit the cartoon or image that goes around: Of course I want to be invited, I just don't care to take part. I remember about 24 years ago where I worked there was 15 people or so in the department, 2 or 3 I worked very closely with. Always joked with them and such. The entire department decided to get together, go out for supper, spend time out at a nightclub that type of thing as a group, everybody was invited including their spouses, a let's meet everybody. There were even folks not in the department that got the same invite. I was the only one told flat out "No, we do not want you there." I would not have gone, but it showed what they all thought of me. After that everybody complained that I never acted again like I was one of the bunch. I just said that I am not one of your, we merely work together, nothing more. Later when they would plan a get together they would say want to join us for this and my reply was always "what for?".

With me it has always been not that I want to be accepted but not to be the only person rejected, ostracized, excluded. I fit the cartoon or image that goes around: Of course I want to be invited, I just don't care to take part. I remember about 24 years ago where I worked there was 15 people or so in the department, 2 or 3 I worked very closely with. Always joked with them and such. The entire department decided to get together, go out for supper, spend time out at a nightclub that type of thing as a group, everybody was invited including their spouses, a let's meet everybody. There were even folks not in the department that got the same invite. I was the only one told flat out "No, we do not want you there." I would not have gone, but it showed what they all thought of me. After that everybody complained that I never acted again like I was one of the bunch. I just said that I am not one of your, we merely work together, nothing more. Later when they would plan a get together they would say want to join us for this and my reply was always "what for?".
I’d like to say that’s unusual. But even on a lesser scale I’ve felt all of that. It blows.idk but mass invitations freak me out.

I mean I was in a grade of 40 or less people and still managed to be part of the uninvited five.

At this point though, I chose to make it not personal. Everyone has there shit and I don’t wanna be involved. I have the few people I’m close to and for now, that’s all I need. (Sorry if this wasn’t the response I were going for)

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I’d like to say that’s unusual. But even on a lesser scale I’ve felt all of that. It blows.idk but mass invitations freak me out.

I mean I was in a grade of 40 or less people and still managed to be part of the uninvited five.

At this point though, I chose to make it not personal. Everyone has there shit and I don’t wanna be involved. I have the few people I’m close to and for now, that’s all I need. (Sorry if this wasn’t the response I were going for)
It's all good. In some ways I did take it personal, 20 people or so included, me the only one not, but in other ways it was the scenario I would not have gone if asked but being the only one left out...

I still would joke and kid with them but I never shared anything personal with them since I was not one of the crowd. Shortly after that time my mother had radiation for cancer and there was another person with family also going through cancer treatments and that person and I would talk about it because it was a shared experience in what was going on in our families and all. What I found funny was that the few that I worked closely with(all of us sat within 10 feet of each other) asked why I hadn't told them about it and I was just why would I? I just said that we work together, we have a professional and job only association. I am not one of you so why would I mention it to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00