Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Rockster, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockster

Rockster Guest

Right it is simple, just write down some quotes that inspire you

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn those who have died. Rather we should thank god that such people lived" Gen George S Patterson Jr
  2. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

It is not work that kills men, it is worry. Work is healthy; you can hardly put more on a man than he can bear. But worry is rust upon the blade. It is not movement that destroys the machinery, but friction.

Henry Ward Beecher
  3. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I think you mean George S. Patton, Jr.?

Since the only way I can force myself to do anything these days is via pain, I've taken this one to heart...

We stand for organized terror - this should be frankly admitted. Terror is an absolute necessity during times of revolution.
    Felix Dzerzhinsky, (1877-1926)

...with the idea that my conscious mind is the bolshevik elite and the rest of what passes as my consciousness is an unwieldy, uncooperative mass of peasants, kulaks and lumpenproletariat. A mass that needs to be terrified into shape, since it is immune to reason. Seems to be working so far, but we shall see how it goes long-term.

I'm at work on an absolutely unreadable essay which uses the above as its epigraph. :cool:
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Courage to the fearful, freedom to the enslaved, strength to the weak, mutual affection to all sentient beings. ----Shantideva.
  5. Rockster

Rockster Guest

The quote is signed patterson so dunno...

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indominatable will. << Royal Corps of Signals
  6. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

"Youre never going to be anything"

My mum. Im now working sooo hard on my music to prove that fuckin whore wrong.
  7. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

“You know, you don't have to look like everybody else to be acceptable and to feel acceptable.”

"It's not the honors and the prizes and the fancy outsides of life which ultimately nourish our souls. It's the knowing that we can be trusted, that we never have to fear the truth, that the bedrock of our very being is good"
  8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

"And what, Socrates, is the food of the soul? Surely, I said, knowledge is the food of the soul. "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.