Quotes

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by cookiemonster, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

i was looking for something to put in my signature, which i still haven't found but i found lots of good quotes that may not be helpful but got me thinking.

"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
    Charles Caleb Colton

Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    Arnold J. Toynbee

Every man has the right to risk his own life in order to preserve it. Has it ever been said that a man who throws himself out the window to escape from a fire is guilty of suicide?
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I think a lot of what is going on with kids who get pushed too far and attempt either murder or suicide is that they are trying to deal with their own non-existence for the people who are supposed to care most for them.
    Richard Russo

there will be more but feel free to post any you wish

2. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

You want to die because you want relief from pain. Remember that relief is a feeling, and that you need to be alive to feel it. You will not feel the relief you so desperately seek, when you are dead.
    -Unknown

I think of that all the time

3. Sleepwalk

Sleepwalk Well-Known Member

"suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping..." -unknown

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I agree with the one that says, "pain exceeds resources for coping."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.