R.I.P Baby, Baby Junior & Angel.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by BeautifulDisaster., Mar 9, 2010.

1. BeautifulDisaster.

BeautifulDisaster. Banned Member

Some of you may not consider animals to be very important, but I do. I hope the links to photos are okay to post.

My first hamster, Baby, was so adorable, very curious, and ever so tame.
    She even slept on me.
    We bonded very well, I don't think there's another hamster like her, but they are all very individual, and irreplaceable.
    She died at around 8-9 months old.
    I loved her very much.

(Photos of her.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After Baby, it only made sense to name my next hamster Baby Junior.
    Like Baby, she also was adorable, curious and very tame.
    She even slept on me too!
    But, unfortunately, last year, at the end of August, she passed away, she made it to a year and 5-6 months.
    I loved her very much too.

(Photos of her.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, nearly a month later, I decided to get another one.
    I named this one Angel.
    She was completely different.
    Different colors, different personality.
    It took me 4 months just for her to let me hold her and to trust me.
    It was worth it in the end, all that effort put in.
    She was so adorable too... they all are to me!
    Unfortunately, on the 19th of February, she passed away, at 7 months old.
    I loved her very much too.

(Photos of her.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I miss them all ever so much.
    :cry:

2. Dying_Imp

Dying_Imp Active Member

Aw they are lovely BeautifulDisaster. I'm sorry for your losses and thank you for sharing their pics.
    It reminds me of all the hamsters I had when I was younger and they all had their own personalities and quirks. They are lovely little animals and make great pets (wants one now) sadly they don't have long lifespans. I'm sure you make a great hammy mummy.
    Dying.

3. BeautifulDisaster.

BeautifulDisaster. Banned Member

Thank you Dying.

4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Your hamsters look like they were little treasures for the time they were here, and I think animals are just as important as humans when it comes to their passing. I used to have hamsters myself, and it's always such a shame when they die. I'm suprised all of yours died so early though - maybe you bought them at an older age, I'm not sure, but all of mine lasted a good 2-3 years.

It's lovely that you managed to bond with them so well, especially Angel. I used to have a cat that was very prickly and hated all human contact, but eventually after many years she allowed us to become close, which in a way, made it even more difficult to handle losing her. Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures with us, and I hope your next hamster (if you do get another) gives you just as much joy and happiness. :]!

5. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

I understand the feeling of losing a pet all to well. Still love the little fella even now.