Race For Life 2007 - Problem

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by RainbowChaser, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I'm running Race for Life this year... Problem is, I'm running it by myself, and no-one will be there to support me. I was wondering, is anyone else in the same position? Or does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this? I don't like the idea of running it on my own only to still be on my own when I finish it :sad:

Note: Not asking for money, just advice.
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

If I'd live around there, I'd join you, Sammie :hug:

But I'm not around there so that's not much help :dry: :sad:

sorry :dunno:

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Maybe you could ask someone else to do it with you, a friend or family member?

I've done the race for life before, is pretty fun and you should enjoy it.

4. RainbowChaser

My mum might be busy that day, and when I told my older sister I was doing it, she almost laughed at me :sad:

Unfortunatly I don't have many friends who live here - all my friends moved away for uni and the likes.
  5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Maybe you could talk your sister into it. Ya get free stuff maybe that will encourage her :tongue:

You don't have to run it, you can walk or whatever.

When i done it i had other people with me. I saw LOADS of people of doing by themselfs. Its nothing to worry about hun.
  6. RainbowChaser

I doubt it - with the way she was trying to discourage me ('5km is a really long way, you'll have alot of trouble doing it') I haven't got a chance of getting her to do it.
  7. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Trust me 5km isn't long. I thought it was at first. You probably do more walking while going shopping.
  8. RainbowChaser

Probably. I guess it's just nerves.
  9. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

if you need a partner but cant find one, see if you can get permission to take a dog from a local shelter (if dogs are allowed on the race) it could start a few conversations and you might meet someone to run with, i doubt youre the only person worried about crossing the finish line alone, if not the dog will be with you all the way, and a fellow runner may even see the dog and want adpot her :smile:
  10. RainbowChaser

I've just checked and I can't :sad: It was a great idea tho, I'd have loved to do that.
  11. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Ack. I lost my post :(

Could you try advertising on the route, and local area, for people running it alone, and give a time and date for the oncoming week. A time when people running alone could get together and train, like a training support group, for both physical training and keeping morale high.

You wouldn't need to give out any details or anything, just say to meet at a certain time or a certain day at a certain point.

If you advertise enough, you should get some people. Just stick up loads of posters or something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.