Racism: You should read this

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Cicada 3301, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

At what point is it considered that you have crossed the barrier from somewhat of a racist remark to a friend or colleague to racism. Is racism in all forms despicable? Is it acceptable depending on the situation and severity? I find it harder to define racism today. I have been racist in the past to friends who have laughed at the remarks and also to those who have been racist towards me. Is it ok to have a laugh and joke with friends with no deeper meaning or does this develop an understanding into our knowledge that it is okay to be racist sometimes. What are your views on racism? Have you been a victim? Have you been a perpetrator? Do you think racism in all forms are bad or do you think under certain circumstances we should turn our head?
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

personal experience; many years ago i came back to live here and everyone was racist as f
    now some time has passed since eu expanded people from where i use to live come over snap snap snap and no racism towards them. but they themselves are.

it s never ok

people live in close bundles of own nationality and scowl on those of different colours. that s also grim as f
    a friend was scared to tell me her nationality for about a year in case i was racist which am not but was all because she d encountered so much racism before it made her illogical.
    may add later, idk

you? your opinion etc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.