Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Hurted, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

99% racists are stupid, uneducated people.

Im wondering, how does it feel to be one? To be so stupid to think that color matters...

I just wanted to say these things.
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I really wouldn't want to know. The idea of entering into such a warped mind makes me shudder at the thought.:eek:hmy:
  3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

But i wonder, why are they racist?

Just because they are stupid? It seems so strange to me.
    Lets say that 1% hate other race because of bad expiriences with them (what is of course generalization).

But what about the rest 99%?

Are we, humans, really that stupid?
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

No one is stupid.
    People are racist because, they were raised that way?
    Or because they are unhappy with themselves and seek out someone or a group of people to blame.
    I would imagine it would not feel very good to be a racist. They have obvious issues.

Same thing with someone who is a homophob. Homophobia arises when people have desires in themselves that they deem unacceptable and then project their hatred outwards to those who act out their desires. They are really afraid of themselves.

Trust me, people like this have enough problems, they don't need our added hatred of them to worsen it. You can't fight fire with fire.
    Kill 'em with kindness and laughter :D
  5. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

There's always a logical reason why people have extreme views. Maybe they're misguided, but not every racist is stupid.... that would be generilization which would make you a hypocrite and basically no better than the racist. There are some highly educated people in power that are racist and never hire non-white people.

Maybe you should go over to Stormfront.org if you wanna know why racists are racist? I mean, if the subject is bugging you so bad.
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

"Us" and "them" are labels that are applied in every situation throughout history. Other people are never good. They compete for limited resources.

Nowadays, racism is looked down upon, so education is used for discrimination [e.g. what you just said], as is religion, nationality, etc.

Frankly, I think that grouping people and discriminating against them is disgusting [which you yourself are doing].
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

For everyone of those individuals who are racist, there is a cause that is unique to that individual. For example;

1. There brought up this way
    2. A single or numerous bad experiences
  8. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Poverty breeds ignorance, so long as you have poor communities you have segregation and racism. IMO if you want to get rid of racism you must repair the education system.

Also the way certain races are potrayed in the media can affect the way people think about them. In Britain or other places you can live for your whole life without ever meeting a black person, and as Mystic said about bad experiences, if your only experience of say black people is watching the rise of knife crime in Black communities in london your perspective is going to be warped.

I was always brought up to respect everyone including people of other race and culture. Ive always felt like this until a black friend of mine betrayed my trust and went of with another group. He turned from a really cool quiet guy into this stupid 'gangsta' stereotype getting into fights with people and hanging out with a crowd of ****s. This affected my perception of black people, seeing as the only black person I knew turned on me like this. Then after a while I realised that there can be wankers of all colour, I just had the misfortune of meeting one of those wankers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
  9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

If you hate black people because of few asholes, you certanly need some more education. Or do you dare to say that white people were never bad to you?

Yes, we could say that for a few, but not many. Some just dont realise that we are all the same.

You are racist right? This is not disgusting, it is something they deserve.
    Stereotyping? Nope. Most of them are stupid as hell, and only small amount of this creatures are smart or educated.

No better than racist? I rather wont comment this, its stupid.
    Of course there are few educated people, but big majority isnt...

If they hate other races because they cant deel with their problems, they deserve being called stupid.
  10. 247j

247j Active Member

I think upbringing social conformity and lack of respect all come into it.

Racists irritate me why does the colour of someone's skin matter so much we are all equal if we were all made the same how boring would that be.

Sadly racism seems to be one of those things that will never go away!!!
  11. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

You're stereotyping.... and what are the racists doing?? Stereotyping.....

Take your time and really think about it.... you'll get there in the end.... :rolleyes:

And where's your proof that the "big majority" aren't educated? Links please....
  12. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

one question: Are you a racist?
    Yes, im stereotyping, but who cares? Who cares what is said about a filthy racist? They all bad people. And they hate other races without reasons! Seriously, you compare racism to statment that racist are stupid?

What are racist doing? Man, are you joking?:eek:hmy:
    They are being untolerant to people without reason. Can you even imagine how awful does it feel when someone call black person with N world (or anyother race with other offensive words)

You didnt know that?

You didnt know that extreme racist even kill????
    Take few minutes and educate yourself about racism in Russia.
    Or have u heard for KKK?

I already have things cleared, but thanks for advice :)

Proof? Logic is enough from me.
  13. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Am I racist? I'm mixed race, so I won't dignify that with an answer. Not everyone that disagrees with your extreme left views is a racist.

You really think racists hate for no reason? :eek:hmy: Are you mentally retarded or something?? Nobody has extreme views for no reason. You really need to educate yourself on this topic because the irony is embarrassing. I think you'll find that most racists live in high crime hotspots and blame other races for ruining their neighbourhoods and driving property values down..... does that make the racist right? Not really, no, because although the majority of a certain race is responsible for that crime, you have to take people at face value. It's called being fair. Also, most racists were brought up racist by their families. Like I say, they're misguided.

Maybe that's why you sound so clueless on this topic, because you're assuming people are racist for no reason. It's not against the law to research topics before you talk about them, ya know.

I am not standing up for racists, I am simply saying they are misguided. Whereas you are being a total hypocrite and stereotyping them ALL as stupid.... how do you know what each racists educational background or IQ level is?

If you're going to sound all preachy and self righteous, at least don't contradict yourself. That's all I'm saying.

You are talking a lot about white racists in your argument too, why can't you acknowledge reversed racism? In my experience, the biggest racists I've ever known have been black. There's more to racism than white people in pointy hats and white robes, ya know. You are again stereotyping and branding all racists white, which makes your point even more redundant.

(I have things to do now so if you reply to me, I'll catch it later)
  14. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

15. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I never said racists are right to hate on another race just because of bad experiences, infact, I remember specifically stating that they are wrong for doing this....

I said they're wrong for hating another race based on bad experiences, but that doesn't make them stupid, it makes them misguided. Although I don't subscribe to those views myself, I can almost understand their frustrations if they're living in a neighbourhood and they're getting nothing but trouble from a certain race of people. But you can't hate an entire race over it because there are some decent people in every race on the planet.

As for me stereotyping, that is absurd! Here is some proof that blacks commit the highest majority of crime....

I can find many links similar to that, so just ask if you want more. And remember that blacks are still only 13% of the general population in the United States.

I don't want to be right about black crime stats, but it's simply a fact of life. I'm guessing you've never lived in a highly black neighbourhood, boy have you got a lot to learn, kiddo.

But like I say, that's no reason to STEREOTYPE an entire race of people. You must take people at face value and be fair. There are tons of nice black people in the world. Infact, some of the nicest people I have ever known have been black.

Remember, my argument is that racists are misguided, not stupid. Labelling them all "stupid" is stereotyping and what is racism? Stereotyping. I'm simply teaching you that you can't contradict yourself by being hypocritical..... otherwise nobody will listen to you. Am I the only one in this thread that has accused you of stereotyping? Exactly....
  16. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

you forget people who are racist due to it being 'cool' which sounds ridiculous but unfortunately its true.
    there are people who sincerely believe their racist views which i have no problem with, the only problem i have is when they act on their beliefs and affect other peoples lives.
    some racists are not stupid they are just conditioned to the beliefs. i have one friend who is a lovely man, yet he is extremely racist although do believe the main reason for it is the effect fighting for the army had on him, people have so much hate they need to release, racism is just another excuse to release it.
  17. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

This thread seems to be talking entirely about extreme racists, of which there are actually very few. All in all, I don't think racism is the huge issue the media portrays it to be because racism has essentially become unacceptable in our society.

There are some people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who make a huge living by dividing the races, by telling blacks that people don't like them, that people look down on them because of their skin color. THESE people are the true problem IMO because they are profiteers of the misery of their own people. Where would Jesse and Al be if people honsetly stopped thinking of race as such a huge issue? By constantly bringing race to the forefront of EVERYTHING, they are making it much, much worse. The fact is, race doesn't matter at all to most people, case in point, the U.S. Election.

The racism card is a way for minority leaders to stir up shit and gain media attention; it is a way for the non-racist majority (which is most people) to feel superior and proud of themselves by saying "racists are stupid" or "I don't see color".

The fact is, racism, while it still exists, is NOT a huge problem; poverty and the resulting crime rate ARE the problems.
  18. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i agree 100% extreme racism is rare to see nowadays, at least it is round here.
  19. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Shogun, i didnt stay that stereotype is your writing about black people, but about the fact, that most of racist live near the areas with high rate of crime.

About stereotyping, i just dont think that racist deserve anything better.
    Of course, 99% isnt stupid, but i beleive that majority is, no mather where they live.

Where my best friend lives, there is huge problems with Gypsys. They are jumping infront of cars and call lot people names.
    They actually called me idiot and asshole few times.

But i dont hate them, except for the ones that called me names or jumping infront of cars.
    Same for my friend.

I totaly disagree. Racism is a huge problem. It's common and being victim of verbal abuse because of your race is very depressing.

Those people care for their rights! Without people like Jesse and Luther King black race would still have to sit on different part of buses.

It is true, most people are not racist, not anymore. But there is lot of them.
    racism is still big issue. Yes, killing is rare. But in some countrys, like In some parts of Russia for example, it's really dangerous to go on streets if your not russian.

Of, course there is many global problems, that are big(ger) problem. But that doesnt make racism unimportant. Beside, arent all those problems related?

Racism, poverty, ilnesses, crimes, unedication...

If we want change, we have to solve all of them, not just one!
  20. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Well I only said that because I live in the heart of London where it's very diverse and I've worked with many racists in the past. Working enviroments sometimes throws you together with these people whether you like it or not.

I've had many conversations and debates with them so my comment was based on personal experience rather than stereotyping. You wouldn't believe how many racists their are where I live.

See, here's the fundamental flaw with your way of thinking. You go around thinking racists are stupid and they deserve nothing but contempt and they in turn think that you are stupid and ignorant so we have this great divide, but where's that gonna get anyone? Nowhere. I've debated with racists in the past and explained to them that you can't hate on an entire race of people just because of some bad personal experiences with them and you know what? I've gotten through to some of them. I have actually seen racists reform infront of my very eyes.

Which is why I say they're misguided, not stupid. Would Jesus turn his back on racists for their personal beliefs? Of course not, he'd try to guide them from a life of hate and bitterness. How empty must a persons life be if all they've got to do with their time is hate on someone with different colour skin than them.

Not to mention, stereotyping racists is a contradictory, which kinda makes your point hypocritical and pointless.

Well, that's debatable, but it's a lot more realistic than 99% are just stupid.

Exactly, me too.

Now this part I do agree with you on. Racism is a much bigger problem than the media portrays it to be, as far as I can tell.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.