Racist women riding the tram in London (video)

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Cortez, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

2. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

What a sad, small, pathetic world she must live in. And that poor little boy is going to have A LOT to overcome.
    :sigh:​

3. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Ug such a shit fest of problems and possible solutions. She's an absolute fool. But even in that, you can understand her frustration. She's just the bottom of the barrel for people who have similar views.

4. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

Go back several generations and that woman would probably find out that her ancestors are from mainland europe, Britain is a multi-national country and that's why i like it because it's one step closer to uniting us as a whole race rather than hundreds of different ones, fortunately this woman is a minorty and she should be ashamed of herself, people have the right to express their opinions but you don't do it like that and certainly not in front of children, it makes me happy that someone jumped in had stuck up of the people on the receiving end of her rant.

5. justMe7

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/315241

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

What a marvellous example of motherhood :dry:

At least people had a go back.

7. ZasuArt

Delighted to hear she is being held accountable. Now maybe she will think about the example she's setting for that child. Can you imagine how she must certainly berate him when he irritates her?

8. justMe7

Well, that's assuming. She's got some fucked up political and social issues, but it's not exactly a reflection of her parenting.

9. ZasuArt

Yes... it was definitely assuming, which is never really a good idea. But considering that all that hate was loudly vomited 6 inches from the poor boy's head and the expression on his face never wavered from, "Just another day with Mom...going to my happy place now...", it's not really such a stretch. But then I grew up with a (step)mother who was filled with hate and rage, and I was her favorite recepticle. I'll admit, it sort of struck a nerve.

10. justMe7

Yar.. Well, for his sake, I hope she's a good mother whose just pissed off and ignorant to things and people going off in "her" country.

11. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

The worst part is, the only reason it's shocking is because it's on the internet. This happens all the time, all over Britain.

Poor wee boy.

12. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I'd like to know why this woman is the way she is, nobody is born racist so what happened to make her feel like this? :dunno:

13. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

I think some people believe that racism is purely about White people disliking black people but there are so many variations on it.I've seen a lous theroux documentary for the BBC where black folks in America referred to White people as devils.Theres Indian people who hate pakistanis,Asians who hate blacks and vice versa and a lot more besides.
    So where does it come from? It probably doesn't help that people stick together with their own race when they migrate and that includes British people who go to Spain and take over whole towns,same as London,Bradford etc.. Where Asians or black people seem to stick together. For some reason different races do not seem to integrate with the native populous! Why? I don't know just throwing this out there.

14. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Im sorry but anyone who has ever been to my neck of the woods (croydon, catford, lewisham, deptford, peckham) will know full well she has a very valid point, she was just overly racist about it. Its not a case of colour, its a case of the UK people feeling like second class citizens in our own country whether they be white, black, yellow or sky blue pink.

15. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I have to agree with Wayne on this one. I do not condone the awful, hateful, spiteful language that foul woman spewed and she deserves all she gets, however I am hardly surprised that people have these views. I think it is a case of people feeling like a second class citizen in their own country. Why don't the groups of extremist Muslims spewing racial hatred at Wooton Bassett where the dead soldiers fly home and at homecoming parades get arrested for inciting racial hatred? Yet when a white, British person says something on similar lines (the woman in the video included) we get arrested for it. It seems like one rule for one and one rule for another.

I am a white, British female who went to a school where being white and British was being the minority. And while I respected everyone's race, colour, religion, culture etc I still had racist remarks thrown at me and nothing was done about it. Yet one time when I was trying to explain to the teacher which idiot boy was causing disruption to the class, I get thrown out for being racist. And I described him as "the short, black lad sitting by the window". I don't know how that was racist, it beats me but that is how society is today.

16. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

sadly, this won't change anything. Racism is everywhere. Some people just choose to be outspoken about it. What I really hate are racists who keep to themselves. Makes me wonder if I can trust the person or not.

Maybe because the non-native populous are looked down upon and hated by the native population? You know, it's hard to mingle with other races when you're not accepted.

17. In a Lonely Place

I'm not sure what the part about racists who keep to themselves meant really coz if you mean people that live in an area where they don't accept foreigners then they're entitled to do this.
    Your starting a chicken and egg argument there really but ultimately the governments dream of a beautiful multi-cultural society has failed. Germany's government have come out and said the same thing within this last year. France have got the balls to stop the Muslims wearing fancy dress in their country which has to be admired.
    Anywhere you go in the world I believe you could experience prejudice based on your colour or nationality and it will never change. All you can do is punish it when laws are broken but you'll never stop it. Tribalism is as old as the human race and that's what it boils down to really.

18. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I, too, think it's sad that this kind of thing only gets attention when it's posted on the internet. I see it at least once a week where I live (toward various racial backgrounds). Very few people actually speak out against it around here. I admit I usually don't due to being socially anxious (but have a few times when I felt it got too far). What bothers me is that the same people that ignore it offline, are the ones to post about these videos on my FB news stream and talk about how "If she'd said that around me-" (All the while I'm thinking You'd sit there and pretend not to hear)

(Not saying all people are like that. Obviously not as some people did jump in in the video. That's not my point at all. It's that many people don't unless they're at the comfort of their computer screen where they can't be seen by the person speaking the hate)

This is true.

19. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

20. In a Lonely Place

It's only a hideous crime when white people are the instigators,didn't you know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.